Sign in to follow this  
jonpatch

Vacouver+ and SP1/SP2

I have noticed with SP1/SP2 that tree autogen in the Vancouve+ area seems to be EXTREMELY dense, compared to any other area. I do not recall this being the case with RTM, as the autogen in V+ was consistant with other locations.It looks like the V+ autogen has almost doubled in SP1/SP2 at the given setting compared to RTM. Is there a reason it would be so much more dense with SP1/SP2? It seems my V+ performance has actually DECREASED at any given setting due to this.

Guest Nils79

Did you used the same PC and settings with FSX RTM?

Hmmm, maybe I'm just seeing things then. lolThanks

Hi Jon,Don't mean to hijack this thread. But I saw in your website thisQUOTE:--------------------------------------------------------------"Installing Acceleration? SP1? SP2? Land where there should be water?Filed under: FSX, Flight Simulation, Flightsim, Vancouver, Victoria

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,When does the "File not found" error occur? Under what conditions, and in what part of FSX? That is unlikely to be caused by a problem with terrain.cfg. If you have one of the addons noted, they simply don't display properly, fore xample you'll have land where there should be water or other funnies.Vancouver+ uses primarily default runway textures, although there is a little bit of custom texture at CYPK. The runway/taxiway locations are all corrected to the real-world locations/widths/markings.Jon

I have not been able to figure out the pattern where exactly or under what conditions it happens. Unable to recreate the problem to get that error at the time I want.I am happily flying away..and suddenly I get that popup. Sometime, when I change my flight and load one of old saved flight, I get that. But when I go there again or try to load the same scenery at another time, I don't get it.Manny

Manny

Manny, ensure you've disabled all your addons and see if this still occurs. If not, enable your addons one at a time until you find the culprit.What options are you presented with when you get this message? This is with SP2?Jon

Yes..its post Acceleration (SP2). But I don't believe its that... I started getting this only about 2 weeks ago. and I did install a few stuff. and updates on certain addons. I lost track of what I did during the two weeks.As far as option..I get nothing. When I ack that pop up, FSX quits.. it just drops out.Manny

Manny

I think, I may have found the culprit/offending addon.Its Cloud 9 products. I actually tried out Bergen airport and then had to restore my system by a week for something. Since then I have been having this problem.http://forum.fscloud9.it/viewtopic.php?p=2...6d200ec0dcb3724Now, I am stuck..I can't get rid of this virus like issue.Manny

Manny

Hi Manny, thanks for checking back in. I'm not sure, from that thread, why you're stuck though ...Jon

I had installed Cloud 9's Bergen scenery two weeks ago to check it out. and I see other folks who had installed it having the same problem. I am trying to uninstall and remove all cloud 9 from my registry etc to see if I could get rid of this error.Manny

Manny

Roger that, Manny, I'll leave it with you and Umberto ...Jon