Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Pilatus PC-12 for FSX

Haven't see the announcement yet - and as a very, very satisfied customer of the FS9 model I'll be getting this one.Now, where did the wife hide the credit cards???

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

THink I will too. I really enjoyed the FS9 PC-12.....

Guest UlfB

Hi,I took the bird out for a short trip and here is my very brief report.In general it's wonderful to have this aircraft installed in FSX. I've missed it a lot from FS9. Seems to work allright. The only thing I've noticed is that the beacon lights up the VC with a very intense flash. Not that nice. I don't know if this is an issue or a feature. I've posted a question at F1 support forum.A quick and dirty performance comparison with the Default C172 SP in DX9 mode.Standing still on a runway in 2D cockpit. C172: 81 fps, PC-12: 63 fps.Mid air 2000 feet in VC. C172 68 fps, PC-12: 30 fps.Considering that the PC-12 has a glass cockpit, this is pretty much what I expected. Enough fps to suite my need. But if you take a flight over dense urban areas with a lot of AI, I guess you have to pull scenery sliders to the left, to be able to fly it.The configuration utility allows you to disable the co pilot glass panels. I've not tested what impact this has on fps.Ulf B :-)Core2Duo X6800, 4GB RAM, BFG 8800GTXCreative SB X-Fi (Gamer mode)Vista 32 SP1 RC, FSX Acc/SP2

Guest UlfB

Hi again,Update on beacon flashing in VC. Fast reply from Jim Rhoads, who confirms that it's an issue and they are looking into it.Flight1 support is as good as ever.Ulf B

Hi Ulf,thanks for the brief performance test.are the instruments fluid? The FS9 version had very stuttery instruments. The update rate felt like two times per second or so.Alex

Guest bjablonka

I bought the PC 12 yesterday but I have not been send any download/key instructions - how long did it take you guys to get those from Flight 1? Maybe I need to try it again but I don't want to may twice.bernd

Hi Alex,I will be honest with you, I have never heard of this complaint in the FS9 version of the PC12 from anyone else. Could it be a system configuration? Are you referring to the VC or the 2D view?Regards,Jim Rhoads

>I bought the PC 12 yesterday but I have not been send any>download/key instructions - how long did it take you guys to>get those from Flight 1? Maybe I need to try it again but I>don't want to may twice.>>berndBernd,There is no sending of keys... it is installed automatically upon purchase.Regards,Jim Rhoads

Guest UlfB

>I bought the PC 12 yesterday but I have not been send any>download/key instructions - how long did it take you guys to>get those from Flight 1? Maybe I need to try it again but I>don't want to may twice.>>berndBernd,If you buy a download from the Fligh1 site you do this the following way:1. Download the installer from Flight1. Every downloadable product has this download link. At this point you haven't purchased any thing yet.2. Run the downloaded installer wrapper and fill in the purchase form. At this point you have purchased the product. Save a backup copy of the registration key file. The installer will execute the product setup program autmatically.How could you buy the PC-12 without having downloaded the Flight1 installer? Did you buy the CD-version by mistake?Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Alex,In my setup the instruments are fluid enough. I haven't noticed anything odd yet. But I've only made some short flights for testing purposes. I don't recall stuttery instruments in FS9. Was this in VC? I did'nt fly VC in FS9, so maybe I missed this problem back then.I tested to turn of the co pilot glass panels in the VC, and this gave me about 6-8 more fps. So if you need to tweak fps, this is a good option in the configurator.Ulf B :-)Core2Duo X6800, 4GB RAM, BFG 8800GTXCreative SB X-Fi (Gamer mode)Vista 32 SP1 RC, FSX Acc/SP2

Guest bjablonka

I don't think I ordered the CD because then I should have received an email from them anyhow. I have ordered many times from them and never had a problem. I just will give it another try.ThanksBernd

I just made a quick flight from Vancouver (Vancouver+ installed - very massive scenery) and all is well. Aircraft has fluid movement and the instruments appear to work as advertised. The beacon is a little distracting but it appears they will work on that. VC is very good.All in all - great aircraft and fantastic job F1. What a joy to have something to fly that works in Acceleration.fb

Guest UlfB

Bernd,If you buy a downloadable add on from Flight1, the first thing you do is to download the flight1 wrapper/installer. The don't send you any keys and such.Did you "buy" from this page? http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=fsxpc12Ulf BCore2Duo X6800, 4GB RAM, BFG 8800GTXCreative SB X-Fi (Gamer mode)Vista 32 SP1 RC, FSX Acc/SP2

A quote from their webpage, "the new FSX package is a complete overhaul of our best-selling FS2004 version".So I guess this is just FS9 version fixed up?!