Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Pilatus PC-12 for FSX

>A quote from their webpage, "the new FSX package is a>complete overhaul of our best-selling FS2004 version".>>So I guess this is just FS9 version fixed up?!Not hardly.Jim Rhoads

Guest UlfB

>A quote from their webpage, "the new FSX package is a>complete overhaul of our best-selling FS2004 version".>>So I guess this is just FS9 version fixed up?!McCrash,I'm very happy that they gave the ac a "complete overhaul". If you wan't to use the phrase "fixed up" instead, fine with me. If your'e intrested in flying the best aircraft for FSX, I'd recommend you to buy the PC-12.Ulf B

Guest bjablonka

Downloaded it again and everything is working now. Just did a flight from Santa Barbara to Palm Springs and must say it is a great plane. The only question I have is that coming over the mountains I had to do a very steep approach into the airport and with full flaps and full throttle I could not get the IAS above 105 knots. Do the flaps on the PC 12 have such a big impact on speed, I have never seen that with any other plane?ThanksBernd

> Do the flaps on the PC 12 have such a big>impact on speed, I have never seen that with any other plane?You better believe it. Full flaps on the PC-12 are not typically used unless for short field work and the PC-12 does it incedibly well. :-) Jim Rhoads

Guest UlfB

Bernd,Visit Pilatus site at http://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/The flaps ar really BIG on this aircraft. Compare it to another aircraft and you'll see how big the flaps are.But if you want very big flaps, try the Pilatus Porter. FSD has a Porter PC-6, but I haven't tried in FSX. That's a STOL aircraft.Ulf B

Jim,I talked about VC.Don't take it too serious. With FS9 everything was stuttery anyway and I'm a little bit picky with this.My wife gave permission and credit card is ready ;-). Alex

Guest bjablonka

Wow, thanks guys, I didn't know that - this opens up a lot of short field landings. Great!Bernd

I bought her and just did a short flight.Wow! These instruments are really fluid. And I did not notice any heavy FPS impact. I get 50-60 FPS (unlocked) in sparse scenery withoud clouds.One minor complaint though:Why don't you guys add checklists and a reference for the FSX kneeboard. It is somehow tiring that I have to build these myself for most of the aircraft I buy (not just from Flight1 also for others). It is just a hour of work.Anyway. Great aircraft.Alex

Guest bully2

HiJust purchased this product, Big problems!Red light flashes in VC. Take off, switch views, switch back to VC and instruments grey out and everything freezes up. Have to switch the power off to the computer and re start.All other aircraft are working fine and everything else is normal. Tried loading this aircraft several times, set config manager, and same result.I am using SP2 but this makes no difference to any other a/c except for slightly darker windows in one of them. x( Bruce Upperton

Guest Shalomar

Is it fully compatible with shared cockpit???Microsoft just released the instructions on how to share custom guages, maybe not...Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest bjablonka

Agree - great plane to fly and smooth.

Luvly Jubbly. Like a Swiss watch. :) My only comment is that the Audio panel is hard to use from the Pilots Seat, it's a pitty that it hasn't got its own pop up like many of the other cockpit instruments. I wonder if any of the FS9 PC12 surface textures could be used on the FSX version?

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.