Sign in to follow this  
geedub

No Install with SP2

Good Morning, Phil, thank you for responding.The Help Version says Version 10.00 Build 60905.00.The first time that I got the error, I actually re-ran SP1 and received a message that SP1 had installed (from SP1). I then ran SP2 and received the error message again. Thinking that perhaps both needed to be on the same drive as FSX, I moved the downloaded files accordingly and re-ran both SP1 and SP2. Same result.System Details:gigaByte 8INXP, P4 @3.06, HT enabled.2G pc266 DRAMATI x850GT ( AGP)Turtle Beach Sound,WINXP SP2FS9 is located on C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FSX is located on E:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator XThanks for your help.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Greetings Phil,May I say 'a big thank you' to you and the team for SP2 RC! However, right now I find it won't install to my English version of FSX saying "English version of flight simulator X needed". I ran a quick check in the registry for correct paths as I recently did some partition and drive letter changes. The paths appear to be correct. I searched only on 'flight simulator' and 'fsx'.Any suggestions please.Best regards,GarethSPAIN

Thanks, good suggestion. I did verify the FSX path in the registry and it is correct.The reason that I originally thought that SP1 was/is installed is that when it was released, the performance gain was so significant that I was actually able to use FSX which had not been the case prior to the installation of SP1. Hence my surprise to be told that SP2 would not install because SP1 " wasn't installed".Ed GreenKCLT

Yes, tx from me too! Good suggestion. Tried it too but sadly it didn't solve the problem. I've since run two top-drawer Registry Cleaners to scan for redundant paths or other wrong settings.. All to no avail. SP2 still won't install on the grounds that I need to have 'an English install of FSX'. If you can read this I think I must be English. I notice the Russian download posted on the blogsite has some of the installation notes in English! So I might try the Russian download .. Or maybe the Greek, as heck, its all Greek to me (no offence to any Zorba's out there).Does SP2 need a pristine install of FSX + SP1 by any chance? Hours ago a guy called Vince posted to Phil Taylor's blogsite with the same problem. Sadly, the thread came to an screaming halt at that point with no posts since. Oh dear. Pleased as I am with FSX as a product and ACES commitment I have to say I am little surprised and disappointed at the lack of guidance on the install. Leaves you rather flat.BTW is there a way of telling if you have SP1 installed, other than in Control panel/Programmes? Sounds silly I know but I have a genuine reason for asking this. Cheers all. GarethLEAL

Well, found and fixed the problem. Somehow or another, when FSX was moved from its orginal location on C:Program FilesMicrosoft Games to E:, the original folder in microsoft games was either left behind or created by SP1. Hence, SP2 could not find or didn't know where to look for SP1.I copied the files which SP1 had left/installed on C: over to E: and SP2 installed without a hitch.The current version of FSX with SP2 apparently is 10.0.61472; SP1 appears to be 10.0.611 or similar.Hope this saga will be of use to someone else.Happy Holidays,Ed GreenKCLT

Hi Ed,Very pleased that you solved your problem! Thanks for posting your solution, it was much appreciated. But despite everything my SP2 still won't install. Nor will my FSX 'repair' from the original dvd's. Nor will a fresh re-install fit onto my 60Gb FSX dedicated partition. Nor will SP1 even uninstall correctly. What's more, when I tried a re-install of SP1 it went to my C: drive as per your post, despite my using the Flight1 utility to ensure the path was set correctly in the registry (to my F: drive). Also of interest is that while FSX installs from the dvd's to a folder called Microsoft Flight Simulator X, the SP1 installed to a folder called Flight Simulator X. They are not named the same. I wound up having to copy the sub-folders over to my FSX install manually. Gets complicated, right?!In my case I have a fairly new installation of Vista 64 with FSX etc on a separate logical partition (F). Later came a drive letter change when I felt I was ready to delete my XP dual boot set-up and rationalised the partitions on my 2 drives. So, I'm not blaming anyone but myself for my problem but I am in now in something of a quandary. I am out of ideas. I suspect my Registry is confused as to my FSX installation and the reg cleaners appear not to have helped in solving this. I guess I could troll through the Reg and delete all references to MS Flight Simulator manually but I think I am virtually resigned to do a full uninstall/delete of my 50Gb FSX installation and start over. But even that will still leave my registry as it is. I mean does one do an OS re-install as well, so as to start off with a clean registry? What price this flight simulator lark? And if I once more put FSX in its own partition will SP1 still install itself to C drive? Will SP2 even install then? Who knows. Probably Phil Taylor does.Actually I posted to this thread because I saw Phil Taylor had contributed to it and I hoped he would have a solution for me. But in fairness I expect I am just a voice in the wilderness to him. Even so, I'm surprised more people don't have this same problem as I'm absolutely certain thousands have installed FSX to other than their C: drive. I have also seen it suggested to install FSX on to a dedicated partition and not on the same partition as your OS or page file. So as our American brothers say 'go figure'. That's about it I think. Happy holidays to one and all. GarethLEAL

Guest ejuku

Hi I am also having some problems installing sp2, installing on vista os, error message pops up near the end of instaltion that reads:" an error during the instalition assemblymicrosoft flight simulator.simconnect, version="1 0.0.61259.0,publickeytoken="67c7c144242d61b5b"processor architecture="86"type="win32"etc etcany hepl is much appreciatedGregT