Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

SP2 Feedback

Hey there to allIm a little hisitant ti install sp2 after all of what i have read of the Accleration SP2. So that is why i started this topicSo far what are peoples experience with it?Performance boost?Problems?CTD's?Helps the game overall?Thanks for the feedback!!

Guest VenDexter

So far, after installing SP2, I cannot access any of the menus once a flight is loaded.The menus will come up, but once I click on them, I get the "fatal error" message and FSX has to restart. Sometimes this message does not occur and the sim is locked up. I then have to hard reset my PC to get anything at all to happen.This occurs on a clean install of FSX SP1 that was working beautifully.I'm trying to find a solution but so far nothing I've tried seems to make a difference.

Guest Nils79

You have to use the latest drivers and the latest DirectX redist.EDIT: i'm sorry, i'm using Accel and didn't knew that SP2 installs also the latest DX. But the menue error is a driver issue.

Guest VenDexter

I'm using the latest nvidia driver with a 7800gt. I also have DX 9.0c on XP Pro.I can't figure this one out. Just strange...I had no problems with SP1 at all. I had a few add-ons installed so I uninstalled them along with FSX and did a reinstall of FSX, SP1, then SP2. Still having the problem...I'll keep troubleshooting to see what I can come up with.

Just a thought and something to try. If you have a start up mode that you use that sets everything up to your liking, try deleting the old one and making a new one under sp2. The old one may be causing conflicts within FSX.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

HelloI downloaded and installed SP2 with no problems.I have been test flying for about two hours or so, not a long time i know but my conclusion at this time is that there is some improvement in the overall fluidity of the sim frame rates had definately improved somewhat.RIGHT!..I didn't mess about and went straight to LSZH(Zurich) where i had tested the sim ( before this service pack) and there was definite improvement in performance (which had been dire before)and that included a decent amount of ai traffic as well,but this improvement for my type of sim usage is still unacceptable( mainly a passenger jet flier)for me. I also tried Heathrow (a well known FRate gobbler )but unfortunately there was no moment of revelation there either frame rates where low and performance poor.Never mind!... onwardsLight aircraft flight A Mooney flight around the Hawaiian islands seemed to start okay (you know whats particularly frustrating with this version of FS is that when it does fly smoothly and you can take some time to look around you the scenery looks very pretty indeed)but as it progressed the motion got jerkier and performance poorer and therefore the aircraft more unpleasant to handle...(particularly on landing).Anyway i am not to upset with this outcome as i have not used FSX for months now,and will be returning again to FS9 for my passenger jet flying.I am still happy to see that Msoft is sticking with FS and hope some positives can be taken from FSX when it comes there next version of the sim.Finally as i said at the beginning of my post i have only tested for a few hours so i cant say conclusively that i will never be an FSX user, but i feel its unlikely that i will be changing anytime soonPS this was meant to be constructive criticism nothing else.cheers Andy.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

.. and - having had a successful download and install - I just loaded up my "usual" md80 flight from SFO - LAX, took off from 28L and on the other side of the hill.. there was... DESERT!! Guess how I feel.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have the same problem where an attempt to use the menus in Full Screen (3D) mode causes a lockup and "sometimes" the Microsoft error message appears which I dutifully report. The only addon I have is Ultimate Terrain and it has no impact. My card is the nVidia 8600 with 6.14.0011.6218 driver. There is no mention by Microsoft that the customer is supposed to use a beta driver set from nVidia. It is somewhat disconcerting that a beta software set has to be used when the Acceleration package, with ALLEGEDLY the same code, works with standard drivers?????Otherwise no issues. I do see a noticeable FPS improvement and the ability to use some autogen, good clouds, and some AI with FPS remaining above 16. There are no blurred textures (aka blurry-whirries) at speeds below 100knots. Except for the full screen menu lockups it is a success.EDIT::Against my better judgment I installed the 6.14.0011.6921 driver. Same problem as soon as I clicked on Display on the Options menu the program froze and eventually went to the Microsoft error reporting box. At least no initial problems with the new driver. Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest VenDexter

After doing a few hours of reading and research, it appears that the CTD in SP2 while trying to access the menus has not been resolved.It seems to only apply to nVidia cards and most people report that regardless of what drivers they use, this still does not resolve the problem. Aces has stated that nVidia claims to no longer be able to reproduce the problem and neither Aces nor nVidia takes any responsibility for issuing any kind of solution for the problem.For now, I'll just use FSHost with FS2004 and FSX. I will also revert back to FSX SP1. This will solve all my multiplayer problems which is the only reason I installed SP2 in the first place.I'll express my acute disappointment with this scenario and simply walk away from the discussion shaking my head with the understanding that it will ultimately make little or no difference.

so it sounds like everyone is having the same issues with sp2 as in accleration sp2. what a dissappointment. i think for now ill stick with sp1

SP2 has done wonders for me. Before SP2 I could not set autogen higher than dense, because that would result in terrible fps above lots of trees. I had bloom off and water low 2x. When I flew around Bergen, Norway (my favorite spot) fps would drop to 12 and lower (again, with water Low 2x and bloom off) above the trees. But with SP2 and DX10-preview enabled I can set water to High 2x, bloom on and autogen to Extremely dense and fps doesn't drop below 22 - 25. There also seem to be less blurries. I can tell you everything looks a LOT better with water High 2x, bloom, extremely dense autogen and 25 fps!!! All in all, looking at the higher settings I use, fps has improved in certain spots with more than 100%. If I'd flown with bloom on and water at high 2x using SP1, I think fps would have been about 6 or 7. So you might even say things have improved about 350 to 400%.I also do have to say I changed some nVidia settings in the meantime... that might have helped too... ;) But SP2 has given me NO problems at all!