Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

SP-2 Casulties

We simply hope>that people will consider us for future purchases as a result>of our efforts.Send me a copy Jim and I will certainly consider you for future purchases?The picture that Geoff shows is great. :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Wow. What a monumental #### up by MS. :-eekIt isn't the individual aircraft ... it's the bigger picture .....

Guest awheeler

I should probably have mentioned that I tried uninstalling Instant Scenery and reinstalling it from a fresh download from Flight One. No change in version since I originally had the current version 1.03 installed. Didn't help.Yep, I probably could have more easily removed SP2 via Uninstall but thought I'd see if I could do it with Restore. Almost worked but didn't pick up on everything so I just went the route I went since I had a fresh backup of FSX. Worked so no harm no foul. I'd rather live without SP2 than I.S. at least for now since I'm in the tail end of a scenery project. Al Wheeler

>You have to be a member of AOPA....With respect Jim, if your work is only going to be known to 'AOPA' members your not going to do much business.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest DreamFleet

Dave,There are 400,000+ AOPA members, and while certainly all of them do not use FS, there are still many that do, and even if it is just 5% (I suspect it might even be much more), that's still a substantial number.I am often hearing FS mentioned at the AOPA forums. Forums that are also frequented by a man named Bruce Williams (know him?).Not all AOPA users of FS frequent these forums, so that might lead you to believe that AOPA is not much of a market. With respect, Dave, I will disagree with you, and think F1 made a good deal here.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Hello Lou,No, I have never heard of Bruce Williams and I don't think he has ever heard of me either :-)I wonder how many people know of Dreamfleet Lou? I would put money on the fact that there's a lot more than know of AOPA. Just my opinion Lou. I would not join an organisation just to obtain a Cherokee, if you know what I mean ;-)Ah well, I'll put 'your' Dakota on my Christmas list instead eh?

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>You have to be a member of AOPA....>>With respect Jim, if your work is only going to be known to>'AOPA' members your not going to do much business.Ok, How's this? We will sell it to you when we repackage it for FSX.Our arrangment with AOPA is an agreed one, and it doesn't matter whether the aircraft is current or not, I don't break our arrangments.Entry price is being an AOPA member. Those are the rules my friend.Besides, the Six is last years model, it is now unsupported and what Geofa is showing you is how he custom fit it into FSX. It doesnt install into FSX by default.Jim

Jim's reputation in the flight sim world is right up there with Lou's with the best-along with Bruce Williams. Aopa projects are a small part of what he has done. He also is a great guy as is Lou. You should google Bruce's name....you need to know who he is.I don't know if it would work for the U.K.-but for the price of an add in you get access to these great aircraft-along with a subcription to what I think is the best monthly avaition magazine, and a whole slew of great services.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Stratocruiser

>Or cured by downloading the Instant Scenery update from>Flight1 !The only update available from Flight1 for Instant Scenery is for v103, to fix crashes using SP2/Accel, and Al already stated he had that version. For that matter, I have v103, and Instant Scenery CTDs for me too since I installed SP2 yesterday (without accel).Carey

As Geof, Lou, and Jim have pointed out, AOPA is a LARGE organization and it touches every aspect of real aviation. If you are a real world pilot it is the first organization you want to be a member of.They benefit real world aviation across the globe and Jims work with them is considered some of best that can be done.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Now my FSX has become unusable. It CTD's after just two minutes use.I have defragged and done all I can. Thanks Aces :-(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Me too. FSX crashes after a few minutes. Instant Scenery crashes on startup.Uninstalled SP-2 as a matter of survival for FSX. Hoy! What a mess!

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

>Wow. What a monumental #### up by MS. :-eek>"RE: SP-2 Casulties, by MD83, Dec 16th 2007""VinnieFSX - Registered on Dec 16th 2007"

>Bill, thanks for replying. I have looked in Add/Remove' but>can't find it? Can you tell me what title it comes up by>please?>>Edit; found it thanksHi Dave,If you have problems in future, with finding hidden installations or remnants thereof in Windows 'Add And Remove' folder.Download and try this set of awesome tools. http://www.macecraft.com/download/jv16powertools2007/It is not a 'Crippled' trial version, which means it does all the same actions as my paid up version does, albeit for only 30 days.