Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

SP-2 Casulties

>It is the free to aopa members cherokee 6-but unfortunately>it seems you can no longer download it.>http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpg>>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/If you are an AOPA member and email them, you can get a link to the download.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Umberto, niether of your links direct me to the fix?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest VinnieFSX

>>Here's my list of casualties since SP2. They was all>working>>beforehand okay!>>>>Carenado.............>>V35,>>Mentor>>182Q>>210M>>>>The Turbo Beaver>>>>Milton's Dash-7>>>>MAAMSim DC-3>>>>Flight One's 172>>>>The Iris Tornado>>>>and the PAOB Jetstream 41>>>>So, if you have any of these you want to run in FSX forget>>it!>>>>Edit: Can someone tell me how to delete SP2 please? I have>>already tried a 'System restore' to no avail.>>>>additionally I am getting a warning 'Addon Manager will not>>run. FSX with SP1 or Acceleration/SP2 is required!!!>>>>and you guessed it, SP2 is already installed. What a mess>:-(>>:-eek>>--------------------------------------->70 to 80% of Freeware Files are for FS2004 .....Wow. What a monumental #### up by MS. :-eek

Dave,See above further. Re-run the installer - that will give you a un-install option. {I have just done it}John R

Sorry, I've only posted the forum's message announcing what the fix does.To apply it, you have to download and install the Zurich Trial installer, because the Addon Manager that comes with it has been upgraded to SP2.It doesn't matter if you never had Zurich (you might had the Addon Manager because of a Cloud9 product or Aerosoft's Florence), the updated Addon Manager will work for those products as well, and of course you might want to have a look at Zurich... If you are not interested in Zurich, you can Uninstall it without removing the Addon Manager, the Zurich Uninstaller will ask you if you want to remove the Addon Manager or not.regards,

Guest awheeler

Invoking Flight One's Instant Scenery within FSX caused consistent CTD's after installing SP2. Cured by removing SP2.If anyone's interested, I removed SP2 in an unusual way. I did a System Restore which by itself didn't completely do the job but followed it with a full restore of the FSX directory from a recent backup. Everything back to normal.Al Wheeler

Al, you really need to uninstall it from your 'Add/Remove' section via Control Panel.Now I read that Aces couldn't even or want, to solve the VC rain problem either..............what a mess eh?Backwards compatible...........I don't think so.

Dave Taylor gb.png

No, we own all rights. Despite what folks think, it is designed for free for AOPA and its members. We simply hope that people will consider us for future purchases as a result of our efforts.Why does it run well in SP2? maybe we know what we are doing?I hope so anyway... Sometimes I wonder though... :)Jim Rhoadsp.s. We plan on making a dedicated FSX version at some point in the near future...