Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Ariane 737-900FSX

Anybody have this bird? Why on earth so expensive? The screenshots look impressive mind. I understand the company now has a better reputation - is that true?

In my opinion, their long history of poor service and general disdain for customer's trumps any short term appearance of quality. There are numerous recent threads on the product. Have they implemented a support forum?I'll never buy anything from them. The cost of the their products has always been bizarre and not a good value IMO. I don't trust them.Bob...

Whether or not you like their products the biggest reason for the price of their products is quite simply the exchange rate which at this moment in time is: 1.00 EUR = 1.43754 USD. Craig

Guest Flane

From what I've seen and experienced, their prices have always been on the high side. I think they might have been one of the first companies to do the block system, charging for various aircraft systems in order to get a full package. The first plane that I bought from them years ago was a really nice model but I had to pay extra for more liveries, sound and different models that weren't that different. I bought a southwest 733, then I had to buy the gauge pack and sound pack. There might have even been a flight model pack, I can't remember. Are they still doing this system of purchase?

I just purchased the the new FSX 737-900ER and I have to say, it took me a long time to decide to make the purchase because of the price. The deciding factors for me was that I was purchasing an ultra realalistic aircraft and I also didn't want to wait for the PMDG. I've flown once in it so far and it's performed flawlessly for me, (touch wood). Don't forget, when you reach a certain level of detail and quality, your going to pay for that. Its also certified by Boeing as a training aid, so your paying for that.If you want to go one step further in the sim world and have something as close to real as the real aircraft, then this should meet your needs, if not, then don't waste your money.I wrote them a quick email on a couple of questions I had and they responded quickly for me.They do have a support forum , but it's really only accessable to customers.Just some input.

Guest Knikolaes

"Have they implemented a support forum?"Yes"They do have a support forum , but it's really only accessable to customers."Correct as well :-) It's similar to Level D forums where you must be a current owner of the product to have access to all the forums.

Guest Pilot533

Ron, I sent you a pm with a few questions about this product, I had their fs9 737ng and it was very incomplete, it would be great if this was different or more like an lds quality simulation, I really need a 737 ;).

Guest Pilot533

Well Ive had poor experiences with their support as well, but that thread doesnt talk about the new fsx -900, Im willing to drop the past if I can get some positive feedback that this product is complete, not like the complete waste the fs9 737's were.

>Ron, I sent you a pm with a few questions about this product,>I had their fs9 737ng and it was very incomplete, it would be>great if this was different or more like an lds quality>simulation, I really need a 737 ;).Hi Mike,I'll read it tonight and see if I can find some time to relpy to it.I'm trying to meet some deadlines on things before Xmas sets in if you know what I mean:-) .

Chris, please correct your signature image to conform to our rules. 400 x 60 and no larger than 10Kb in size. Thank you.

Guest Pilot533

Sure thing Ron, thanks for the time.

Guest Knikolaes

Here are my observations of the entire series of aircraft I have installed:Other than ticking off a lot of armchair pilots because of no 2D panel, the plane seems to fly fine for me. I DO admit there are a few features I'd love to se in future releases of the 737, but it is far from a waste to me. It has a great working flight deck, and the cabin is utterly fabulous (I fly the BBJ series). In FSX I cannot attest to this, however, as with FSX technology it is currently impossible to "walk around" the aircraft (grrr). But the flight deck of the ER for FSX, which I just installed 4 days ago, seems spectacular. I haven't had a chance to go through all of the system s yet and the few flights I have taken have been short local hops, but the plane works great right up until FSX gives me the grand CTD issue many users are having -- yes -- I am one of the unfortunate souls that has an Nvidia card, so it's not Ariane related for the crashes. Good thing next semester i am going to ATI so I can enjoy this 737 and a few other products for more than 30 minutes at a time O.oI'll keep posting here if I come up with anything god or bad on the ER for FSX, but so far she flies smoothly and operates well in the areas I have tested so far.

Guest Knikolaes

>Chris, please correct your signature image to conform to our>rules. 400 x 60 and no larger than 10Kb in size. Thank you.Done. Sorry missed the size part when I registered god knows how many years ago LOL.

I don't have this bird, but looking at the Ariane site here is a link to the 739ER screenshots:http://ariane.webmetics.com/Content.do?sta...ent=screenshotsand here's a review done by Angelique:http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/review/aria7379.htmI read somewhere a month or so ago that someone had bought a supposedly FSX model from this company, only to find that it was promised as "coming" and the model wasn't FSX at all. That may have changed.Bruce.