Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Ariane 737-900FSX

Guest weeniemcween

I have read on several forums that the vc refresh rate is very low, due to many entries in the panel.cfg. If you search on youtube there is a video of the 737 taking off and then turning in which you can clearly see the pfd jump and the mfd rotate jerkily. To me, this is a serious no no after so many add ons have achieved otherwise, particularly since Airsimmer and AirlinerXP seem to be pushing the boundaries of gauge smoothness and quality in general. Many reviews fail to discuss vc gauge refresh rate. Why that is I can't understand. It is such a basic consideration and element of realism. Personally, I won't buy from developers unless I can find videos of their vcs smoothly in action. I have also heard that although the Ariane 737 has IRS alignment, the fmc is not as complete as PMDG'S. I have also heard criticisms of the Ariane TCAS logic. Someone else will have to confirm or deny these reports, however.

Guest Flane

>particularly since Airsimmer>and AirlinerXP seem to be pushing the boundaries of gauge>smoothness and quality in general. >AirlinerXP... Is that still going on? ;-)

Hello BruceAriane Boeing 737-900 For FS2004Look at the title of the review, it is reviewing a different product than the one being discussed here, the FSX version is a new product.

>I have also heard that although the Ariane 737 has IRS>alignment, the fmc is not as complete as PMDG'S. I have also>heard criticisms of the Ariane TCAS logic. Someone else will>have to confirm or deny these reports, however. From what I can see, the more advaced model I purchased(FSX 737-900ER) has much more functionality and programing capabilites than the PMDG.

Guest thx1137

I purchased the advanced edition about 2 hours ago. I have only had a quick test flight in it so far but it is working well so far. The framerate I am getting is about the same as the Level-D 767 which is about 5FPS better than the PMDG 747.The quages are smooth for me, compareable to most of my other payware machines. It actually does look like the screenshots although there are some labels and indicators that arn't as sharp as the rest of the cockpit. What needs to be sharp is sharp though. Still, it is beautiful at night with the backlighting on. The flight ops manual is very good.Certainly the standard editions FMC is pretty incomplete but it seems the advanced edition has as much working stuff as PMDGs. Hard to say defintively in such a short time.Is it worth AU$160 for the advanced edition? For most of us, probably not but it is christmas :-) Besides, my wife got a bonus today and someone had to spend it :-)Steven.

Hello ,are the costumers now able to make a APLNAV /VNAV flight and a Autoland with the FSX Bird ??I had older Versions for FS2004 with no proper working AP specs.Didn

"Don't forget, when you reach a certain level of detail and quality, your going to pay for that. Its also certified by Boeing as a training aid, so your paying for that."LOL, I had to laugh at this.....Ariane and these words in the same sentance!!!The last attempt at a 737NG these guys did was laughed off the face of the planet when put to the test regarding AFDS modes, FMC and avionics in general. This FSX version would have to be one amazing re-write!I doubt VERY much that this model officially has Boeings 'blessings' as a training aid either. Being a 'Boeing Officially Licensed' partner doesn't mean anything. FSX has 'Cessna Officially Licensed' slapped on the box but would you put much faith in the default C172 flight model being suitable as a 'training aid'? I don't.....Glenn

Sorry, my bad, I hadn't noticed the FS9 reference. I had actually meant the link to be referencing a positive comment on the product, but it seems that the newer (FSX) version may be even more so, from some of the comments here in this thread.(I don't think I can recall a time when we (the sim community) have been so engaged in 2 versions of FS concurrently. Not to mention the 2 concurrent versions of OS as well. ) :)Bruce.

Unfortunatley, the prices there are in Pounds Sterling (GBP) not Euros, which makes the US$ conversion even worse.Glenn

>LOL, I had to laugh at this.....Ariane and these words in the>same sentance!!!>>The last attempt at a 737NG these guys did was laughed off the>face of the planet when put to the test regarding AFDS modes,>FMC and avionics in general. Then don't buy it. Obviously you were an unhappy customer. It sounds like you probably know more than I do when it comes to aviation, at least you sound somewhat like an expert. How can you make a comment like that without even flying the FSX version?? If Ford came out with one bad model, would you dish all of Fords models based on one bad one??I merely gave an insight to what I've experienced since I've purchased this aircraft. I haven't seen anything negative or I would have commented accordingly. So maybe they have changed there ways since your purchase.

Ron,That is actually a fair comment....but at that price based on past efforts you can't blame me for saying 'I'll pass'.If you find it value for money then that's all that really matters right?The very word 'Ariane' get's a lot of people on this forum hot under the collar, myself included.A full Avsim review would be nice....maybe this is the 'real deal'.Glenn

Guest Knikolaes

>Anybody have this bird? Why on earth so expensive? The>screenshots look impressive mind. I understand the company>now has a better reputation - is that true?Okay I FINALLY got my FSX CTD issues to go away so I have finally had some time last night to fly this bird more than 30 - 45 minutes at a time to really get the feel for it.Flight Dynamics:These are superb. The smoothness and handling are that which i would expect for an aircraft the size of the 737. I have never flown a 737 in real life, but I can certainly tell you this aircraft does simulate according to the numbers of the official Boeing Manual which I use like a bible for flying B737's in the sim. I was also impressed by her handling in wind sheer and crosswind conditions.Graphics:I hate screenshots. I am not sure why but I almost never experience the same result as a screenshot. Maybe it is from my mind as a photographer but the imagination can seem to psychologically build up "instances" in expectation from a screenshot. That said, I can say I am impressed with the graphics of this bird. The level of detail is just outstanding without affecting my frame rates. With the release of Acceleration and SP2 I am now finally able to fly FSX how it is supposed to be flown -- Ultra High settings. I did not have t tweak these down at all to fly the Ariane 737.Functionality:Everything appears VERY stable and wonderful t say the least. All switches are 3D and animated (I guess that should have gone above in graphics, but these are systems so here it is), and everything responds as should be expected. The only two systems I could possibly see as having issues with were the pressurization and clock. However after an email with the team at Ariane, they quickly cleared up that these were still in development so it wasn't my computer being funky.Lighting, Sound and EffectsIn the daytime in any add-on or default aircraft lighting can't be impressive. heck, it's daytime O.o But at night . . . WOW!!! The night lighting on this bird is the best i have seen from any add-on aircraft to date. I was very impressed with how realistic the night lighting seemed and, as the real world counterpart was designed, it was very easy on the eyes. I could turn my office lights off and run this in a dark room without the monitor killing my eyes on night flights (something that often occurs with default aircraft lighting situations where the lights are way to bright).The sound is sweet. I do love how FSX gave surround sound capability to adjust based on position. in front of the aircraft sounds like you are -- well - in front of the aircraft. To the side and behind are the same results. I may not have flown the 737 in real life, but I have been a passenger on a few, and been around plenty of them on the outside and this sounded like the real deal.Company reputation:I dunno. There seems to be a lot of bad blood on AVSIM between folks here and the folks at Ariane. I even found a link to some report about some guy named Peter Tishma, whom I have never heard of outside that article. I asked the guys at Ariane - they never heard of the guy either, so I have no clue why all the relations to "PT" and "Peter Tishma" keep coming up in relation to Ariane. What I CAN say is that my personal experiences with them have been nothing but pleasant so far. Price:If you can afford it -- it's worth it. if you can't afford it and can save up for it -- still worth it. If you can't afford it at all

Guest Knikolaes

>Ron,>>That is actually a fair comment....but at that price based on>past efforts you can't blame me for saying 'I'll pass'.>>If you find it value for money then that's all that really>matters right?>>The very word 'Ariane' get's a lot of people on this forum hot>under the collar, myself included.>>A full Avsim review would be nice....maybe this is the 'real>deal'.>>Glenn>>Well said, Glenn. I, too, would personally love to see AVSIM review this product. Chris

Thanks Chris, I might be tempted to take a look at this one- I got "burned" several years ago with a B73 product from Araine (basically non-functional unless you shelved out more $$ for more modules, and the support sucked). That said, I'm always willing to give something a second chance, and if it doesn;t work then "shame on me" :)How's the real world flying going?Bruce.

Guest Knikolaes

>Thanks Chris, I might be tempted to take a look at this one- I >got "burned" several years ago with a B73 product from Araine >(basically non-functional unless you shelved out more $$ for more >modules, and the support sucked). That said, I'm always willing to >give something a second chance, and if it doesn;t work then "shame >on me" >>How's the real world flying going?>>Bruce.No problem, Bruce.I can confirm each livery is sold seperately. other than that this product is not separated like before -- sound and everything needed to have a complete aircraft with 1 livery is included.On the real world flying bit -- I have completed ground school through my college and all of the requirements for an Aviation Technology degree with the exception of a few core GT requirements. I am taking those over this Spring and fall 2008 semesters so I should graduate in Fall 2008 for Aviation Technology, then I'll be staying in school for a double major in Visual Communications. using both I hope to become an aerial photographer. :-)Unfortunately the flight portion is a different story. I completed my hours for PPL then ran out of financial aid money. I will be getting my PPl and hopefully start IFR this next semester with my next financial aid disbursement (Putting $5,000 into lessons for this next semester). All I need for PPL though is my checkride :-) Sitting at 43 hours right now.