Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

Runway & PAPI lights question

G'day me fine feathered friendsI'm sure it's on here somewhere, but i can't find it. Can someone please remind me how to reduce the light sizes of runways etc in FSXmany thanks

Hi Phil,Plop these entries in your FSX.cfg:[Display]RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runwaysRUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0 // scales VASI lights) RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0 // scales approach light bars RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales RAILs and ODALs) Regards,Jim Karn

JimThe scalar approach doen't help with taxiway lights ao if that is an issue download replacement halo texture file aht5 by Brian Neitzel. This texture was originally for FS9 but also works in FSX. Use one of the replacement halo files from the small folder. This really helps if you are using a wide screen monitor or the Matrox 3H2Go display. I used the small halo texture and scalar values at .4 and the runway environment is greatly improved.