Sign in to follow this  
PLazarus

Air Madrid

Hi,Does anyone know why Air Madrid has stopped operations?Here in Lima many are stranded.....Thanks,Paul

Air Madrid ceased operations December 15, 2006. It is being investigated by the Spanish government. I think it must have something to do with the delays they were having, but there is probably more to it than that.I hope you haven't been caught in that mess...Do you fly a lot in South America? What airports have you flown into and out of down there?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi Rhett,Thanks for the info... thankfully I am not effected... ust got a lot of media coverage here as Spaniards are stranded trying to get home for Christmas.I am a Brit, but lived in S America for a long time.... Airports I've flown in or out of.....Lima, Cusco, Juliaca, Arequipa, La Paz, Santa Cruz, Bs As, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Quito, Bogota, Cali, Caracas........A good friend of mine is a senior captain for LAN ( a319 at present with many hours on 320, 767 as well as 727 and AN24 )so if you need any info I can get it for you.....Cheers,Paul

>>Lima, Cusco, Juliaca, Arequipa, La Paz, Santa Cruz, Bs As,>Santiago, Sao Paulo, Quito, Bogota, Cali, Caracas........>>A good friend of mine is a senior captain for LAN ( a319 at>present with many hours on 320, 767 as well as 727 and AN24>)so if you need any info I can get it for you.....>>Cheers,>Paul>>I bet some of those airports were interesting approaches. I've simmed into La Paz, Cusco, Quito, Santiago and Bogota but never in real life. I like doing the high-altitude approaches in the Andes spine.What kind of aircraft have you flown on? I would imagine that into Juliaca, you flew a turboprop? Or was it a small jet?Has your friend ever flown the LAN flights out to Easter Island/Is. Pascua? Does LAN use 767's for that service?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi,Juliaca ( SPJL )is for Puno and Lake Titicaca and is quite an important airport for the Peruvian Altiplano...... nearly as high as La Paz with a long runway as you'd expect. In the "good old days" of Faucett and even AeroPeru it was 727's (100's and 200's ) but now it's all busses.For a spectacular backdrop try Arequipa.... take a 727 to Juliaca... taking a detour over the lake first... Cusco is always a fun approach.. it used to have an amazingly high CTL ( commit to land ) and when AA got rights for there they had to develop a complete new CTL to comply with FAA regs... using a 757 with it's powerful engines to "get out". AA no longer fly JFK LIM CUZ but it was fun while it lasted.I'll ask my LAN friend next time i see him about Easter Island.... I am sure he has as although now he is with LANPeru before he was based out of Santiago on the 767. He always talks of those "fun tight turn approaches into JFK".I was simming with him the other day..... doing touch and goes here in SPIM - but he's too bossy - "flaps 15", "gear up"... etc... I was trying to show off how "cool" my FS9 looked with all my addons but he was too absorbed in his flying....Cheers,Paul