Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Microsoft (ACES) Release of FSXA (aka SP2)

Guest byoung

After reading many third party add on forums and threads on AVSIM, SP2 should be regarded as a new release of Flight Simulator -- XA. (as I quote from the FeelThere ERJ forum). Simply because they have changed a major core component in the dislay / draw / scenery rendering, etc, (amoung the other changes, too). Although one developer said that SP2 wasn't available to developers, but Accelleration has been out for several weeks and it contained SP2. Can this be a valid excuse?Can we (flight sim community) all adapt the FSXA resolution? Instead of SP2?In other words, like FS9 to FSX, as there were favorite A/C and addons, people kept FS9 around until the third A/C developers party world catch up with FSX versions.This is my plan, give feedback to third party A/C developers for all of them to post compatibility issues with FSXA. Then as they develop patches, and your favorites become compatible, you make the go / no go decision to install FSXA. The more people that think this is a good idea, go post in their forums. I started one for Flight One. Just add your vote.I think that is what Phil Taylor at ACES has been trying to emphasize.So Third Party A/C and Add-on Developers, get to work and get these product compatibility lists published ASAP so we the flight sim community can determine our GO / NO GO decision for FSXA! I am sure the lists will be updated frequently as patches are released etc. Keep us informed here on AVSIM via announcements if and when your products are compatible, similiar to the way they were done for FS9 to FSX.Mr Tom Allensworth, sir, can you start another forum, or make these stickies, when they are posted. Might want to develop this for future releases. Just a brainstorm, Tom.Thanks for reading!

Guest fsxmissionguy

"Although one developer said that SP2 wasn't available to developers, but Accelleration has been out for several weeks and it contained SP2. Can this be a valid excuse?"ACES has a very large beta-testing program. Almost all third-party add-on developers are members of that program. All good developers stay abreast of FSX compatibility issues they may have with their product.It's not an easy task, nor is it likely an inexpensive one ... but if your business model depends on your aircraft working in the current release of FSX then I think it behooves you to be in-the-know and involved. Most are. Some ... are not.A lot of third-party developers have been living off FS9 revenues by repackaging FS9 developed aircraft as "FSX aircraft" ... because it worked with virtually no changes needed to their models.SP2 eliminated that practice. FS11 will obliterate it in my view based on comments made by ACES.Developers who are paying attention and who wanted to ensure their products would work in the current release patched their products. These are a subset of the developer community.I would suspect those dependent on FS9 revenue streams who did not pay enough attention to the reality of the situation are busy at work on patches today.