Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Sooooo, what do we do now?

Guest fsxmissionguy

There's no question you should get Acceleration.Comes with SP2, 3 new aircraft, 30+ missions lots of new capabilities.

>There's no question you should get Acceleration.>>Comes with SP2, 3 new aircraft, 30+ missions lots of new>capabilities.I am to chicken to load up Acceleration. lol

>Seems kinda obvious to me.>Those that like fsx will use it.>Those that like both fsx and fs9 for different reasons will>use both.>Those that don't like fsx will not use it.>Those that like fs9 will use it.>Those that like xplane will use it.>>Developers that see a market for fs9 will continue to develop>for it>Developers that see a market for fsx will develop for it>Developers that see a market for both fsx and fs9 will develop>for both>Some developers will stop developing >New developers will come along>>All camps will take a look at fs11 and make the same kind of>decisions when it comes out.>Spoken like a tru moderator! :)Too true, none the less.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have really enjoyed Acceleration so far.The carrier ops and the EH-101 have been a real blast and totally different to the type of flying I normally do in FSX.The air racing stuff doesn't hold much interest for me though.....I did do a complete Win XP and FSX install before adding Acceleration so maybe that helped in the fact that I have had zero issues with SP2/Acceleration?As for aircraft addons, I am REALLY looking forward to the Dreamfleet A36 getting updated for FSX. Hopefully it will be a 'true' FSX compliant model and not the FS9 version with an update. I would happily pay for it in full again if it was genuine 'FSX'.My only other experience with an addon aircraft for FSX has been the update of the LevelD 767-300. Can't say I was totally happy with it in FSX after the smooth performance it got in FS9. It seems with SP2 released and a level playing field being achieved, the next 6-12 months will really see which developers have what it takes to take FSX to the next level (and hopefully not having too much of an FPS hit in the process!)Glenn

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi David,it is safe to say at this time, the products are compatible with Vista 64 except the GNS simulation (which works on WinXP or Vista32). You can also bet we are indeed working on a GNS32...

Guest Nils79

With a current PC system, a up-to-date OS, current and working drivers and only selected add-ons, it's easy to enjoy FSX. So, i try to benefit from all the great possibilities which FSX offers and i hope the 3rd party developers will do the same in the future. If i'm looking at 3rd party companies like Realair, Shockwave, Eaglesoft and the GEX/FEX and FTX developers, i'm very optimistic :)BTW, i like the models of the default airplanes, i also like the Shockwave 3D lights Redux, the RealiyXP gauges, tuned FDEs (e.g. from the realair C172 and http://pagesperso-orange.fr/hsors/ is a great page to learn more!), custom sound sets and textures = nice airplanes with a great performance.Perhaps not for the airliner hardcore simmer, but enough for sightseeing and enjoying the great terrain improvements of FSX without a performance loss.

What do we do now?I guess waiting for add-ons. I am really concerned that with the initial performance issues and SP1/SP2, we lost about 12 months of high-quality addons for FSX and that all those add-ons either will never happen for FSX or will be released when FS11 is already on the horizon.I somehow feel that a lot of addon-aircraft developments have stalled or have been significantly delayed: PMDG, FS Passengers, Level-D, AirSimmer, etc. It might just be me, but I think a lot of developers are trying to re-invent the wheel. I, for one, would be perfectly happy to get the "old" PMDG 737 working in FSX with FS2Crew, but unfortunately the devs seem to think that a complete rewrite is warranted.Unfortunately, those developments are the key to me enjoying FSX. I like to fly the big irons and especially a lack of a good B737 or short/mid range jets is a bit of a let down for me.In the meantime, I enjoy GA cross-country flights and, yes, after SP2 I do enjoy FSX, but I am still miffed about DX10 and the various incompatibilities.Pat

Guest wjotten

Mike T.You nailed it buddy. In spite of all the fan-boys who want to imagine there aren't problems, you listed them quite well. Basically, we ordered filet mignon, expected it, and instead got the digested remnants of it a day or two hence. I'm glad the 3rd party people finally exposed the situation for all to see too and now we know squarely where the blame is. Wanna bet I and a bunch of others will hold our money with a wait-and-see approach when FS-XI comes out? Once burned, twice shy.

Guest wjotten

>>I also wasn't happy when my Baron's 1 year old engine >developed a cracked crankcase and had a three month down>time-first flight again this week. Working with the situation>to make it best and work was the only option-I think the same>applies to this sim. Like our Baron which is not perfect-I>think it still has a lot to offer and the positives outweigh>the negatives by far.Geoff, I'm just glad the problem with the Baron wasn't unfixable. Let's hope Beechcraft or whoever deals with the engine simply doesn't say.."No further support...we're working on the next program"And I'm glad you're okay!

Guest cbuchner1

Well, I am upgrading my graphics to an 8800 GT. Darn you FSX!But I am also looking into Flight Gear as a possible alternative to FSX. As the developer of the free Tileproxy addon, I would be excited to bring my "little hack" to this platform as well. The terrain engine of FlightGear looks a bit outdated currently and is in dire need of a facelift (when compared to the rest: flight model, aircraft models, virtual cockpits).

>>There's no question you should get Acceleration.>>>>Comes with SP2, 3 new aircraft, 30+ missions lots of new>>capabilities.>>I am to chicken to load up Acceleration. lol>Well, I didn't have any problems with Acceleration. In fact it cured one of my aircraft that didn't display properly with SP1!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Desert Flyer

>Seems kinda obvious to me.>Those that like fsx will use it.>Those that like both fsx and fs9 for different reasons will>use both.>Those that don't like fsx will not use it.>Those that like fs9 will use it.>Those that like xplane will use it.>>Developers that see a market for fs9 will continue to develop>for it>Developers that see a market for fsx will develop for it>Developers that see a market for both fsx and fs9 will develop>for both>Some developers will stop developing >New developers will come along>>All camps will take a look at fs11 and make the same kind of>decisions when it comes out.>>>>>http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpg>>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Yeah that's pretty much how I see it too. And IMO, those that develop for FSX when the other developers decide not to, will get a larger share of the cake until such a time as those that decide not to support FSX see that company XYZ has cornered the market on FSX addons and then decide to break into the FSX market too.And if nobody develops for FSX then so be it. I guess Im in a different situation than many as I really don't care if 3rd parties develop for the game or not, Im not addicted to 3rd party software, and am quite pleased to play the game in it's vanilla format, it offers me oodles of hours of entertainment to where I will easily surpass the entertainment vs purchase cost threshold. If the developers wish to hold out until FSXI is released then so be it. There will be some developers that see that there is money to be made by catering to those that enjoy FSX and will do so. They will continue to cater to FS9 users as long as there is a profit to be made in it, once that drys up they will either blow away with the dust, or start catering to wherever the market shows there is money to be made.All my opinion though.

Actually it is very much the same if not worse rw.A real world engine gaurantee is 1 year from when first run or 500 hrs.In this one year time at 125 hours-a starter failed at 50-stranding me 1/2 way across the country requiring a hotel stay-rental of a c172 to come home and then go back to pick up the plane-none of this cost covered. The starters are known to be poor quality and have problems-yet there will be no free patch from the engine manufacturer-w'eve had two for fsx. Next one that fails will be on me.There also will be no more support on the two engines from this point on-even though we will be below 500 hours next year-so if their product lets us down again we will be paying. So the support for this fsx $50 product seems to well exceed what I get for a $100k one....http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/