Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Sooooo, what do we do now?

>Hmm, so it does...Looks like Gary or one of the other fields>might work. Bill Leaming is over in Hammond and could join us>as well:-)Yep. GYY is my "home airport..." ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JeanLuc_

Thank you for your kind words Geof! we are working on it, a lot indeed! :)

Really great! 1C2 is in the far southwest Chicago Suburbs about 35 nm from downtown Chicago. I live only about 2 miles to the east in Frankfort, IL.The more the merrier! Bring your planes, bring yourselves and bring a healthy appetite!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182134.jpgCheck your PM.Regards,Mike T

Holy cow! It seems that quite a few of us are practically neighbors! Probably just as easy for you to drive straight down I-80 though :-lolPretty great to know that I am in some great company.Warm regards,Mike T.

Crap. Looks like New Lenox recently went the way of Frankfort Muni. Seems that both sold out to the rampant home builders down here.When I moved here in Sept 2006 I was tickled pink that there were 2 airports within 2 miles. Frankfort Muni went private and then shut down and New Lenox was still open. I flew out of New Lenox back in the spring with my neighbor down the street. I just tried calling the FBO and the number is disconnected (sigh).Well there is still hope that they build Abraham Lincon Regional (aka South Suburban Airport) in the next 10 years :-(Looks like GYY is the place to be.Regards,Mike T.

Good deal then. Let's revisit in the spring. Besides my bbq grill is under 8" of snow so I will assume that standing on my patio in shin deep snow is going to put a dampner on the festivities! :-lolRegards,Mike T.

I'd be happy to see limited reverse-compatibility in FS11, provided that it can run on average PCs without the issues that many FSX users have experienced.

>Looks like GYY is the place to be.Well, if GYY gets settled on, I can at least provide ground transportation! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>PS: Its interesting to note that what is not being mentioned.>The FSX only features like Multiplayer and Missions. Maybe>there is a different group out there are having a good time>with those.The thing I'm wondering about is the save settings ability. By now I would have expected a forum full of user exchanging the latest best fps for setup X profiles. Instead we get a deafening silence about this feature. Almost like it never took off.My guess is that the non discussed features never realy took off.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

>Hi>>I know that I'm skipping FSX altogether. Too many headaches,>and too much sand ...Too much sand???http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=428425&page=RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB