Sign in to follow this  
Guest pgulch

Acceleration: How does it work?

Jim1. Partly2. YesAcceleration combines additional aircraft, missions and all the fixes and changes in SP2 so it changes many FSX core files.With Acceleration you don't need SP2.Jon

Thanks Jon,With the new functionality and content of Acceleration, I assumed it functioned in that manner, but I wanted to verify that I was getting my head wrapped around it properly. I already have Acceleration, I should have said that in my first post.Thanks again,Jim

Acceleration has several new aircraft, missions and sceneries. Some or all of these will not work without the changes to the core parts of FSX which make up SP2.Some of the changes are necessary for SP2 changes which are not just Acceleration changes - for example - all of the default flyable and AI aircraft have updated models in SP2.In that respect - Acceleration is another addon. However, the FSX.exe after Acceleration is installed is a different version than the SP2 FSX.exe. Probably for some custom Acceleration functionality which is not in SP2.

Curious if Accel content will all run on FSX+sp2, or does the accel version of sp2 have to be installed first?scott s..

As has been stated more times than I can count, the SP2 in Accel is the same as the just released stand alone SP2. That doesn't mean the Accel content will work on stand alone SP2 though, as Accel also added new subsystems to support that new content (things like the launch assist/arrestor cables on the carrier, MP racing enhancements to the mission system, new engine subsystem for things like ADI, new engine support for the EH101, etc). All those things are what you get when you buy Accel.

Thanks Tim,>>Accel also added new subsystems<<"Subsystems" helped a lot.:-beerchug Hopefully after CS 101 I'll catch on quicker. :+ Thanks again,Jim

Guest pgulch

After I installed Acceleration and tried the new F-18 and P-51 Mustang, I could not see inside any cockpit to set the flight parameters for Take Off and Landing. No VC or 2D. Do you have to do something special to see inside for preflight? On the F-18 I just see outside with some green numbers on the screen. No cockpit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.