Sign in to follow this  
Guest mirand

Dep Crash after SP2

Guest mirand

I am disapointed!!!!! After install the SP2 I am unable to start FSX. Windows Vista 32 shows an error message about DEP. Is there a solution or just uninstall SP2????My systen: Intel quad core, 4 GB memory, Nvidea 8800GTS driver 169.06ThanksFernando

Guest Nils79

LOL, this would be Odd, but if you are not joking, try to disable DEP (run "cmd.exe" as Admin and execute "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff").

Guest mirand

Unfortunately this thread does not change the error. I am uninstaling SP2!!!!ThanksFernando

>Unfortunately this thread does not change the error. I am>uninstaling SP2!!!!>Thanks>FernandoThat's the spirit! Throw up your hands and not even look for the problem... You spent what - almost a whole hour looking for a solution? :-lol

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest firehawk44

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you. I believe your problem is with your video card display drivers conflicting with FSX. Recommend you uninstall, then use a driver cleaner, and reinstall. Also make sure you have the latest Vista Updates, especially the hotfixes related to memory (a search on this forum using hotfix as a keyword will pull up threads relating to these hotfixes and possible links). Best regards,Jim

>>Unfortunately this thread does not change the error. I am>>uninstaling SP2!!!!>>Thanks>>Fernando>>That's the spirit! Throw up your hands and not even look for>the problem... >>You spent what - almost a whole hour looking for a solution?>:-lol Well, gee, I think many of us spend most of our flight time just trying to get FSX to run efficiently and correctly.

>>>Unfortunately this thread does not change the error. I am>>>uninstaling SP2!!!!>>>Thanks>>>Fernando>>>>That's the spirit! Throw up your hands and not even look for>>the problem... >>>>You spent what - almost a whole hour looking for a solution?>>:-lol >>>Well, gee, I think many of us spend most of our flight time>just trying to get FSX to run efficiently and correctly.And many of us don't. It just works.Here's a little piece of logic test for you: If you and I are running the exact same FSX installation (and we are)... and yet FSX doesn't work on your system but it works fine on mine... where does the most probable fault lie?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Nils79

Fernando,you restarted your system? Sorry, i forgot to mention this, because it's self-evident for me, but perhaps not for you, because after disabling of DEP, there should be at least no DEP error occur anymore.Here you can get the hotfix, which Jim mentioned: http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_vista_hotfixes.htmlWindows Update is also very important and the latest Nvidia driver (from the Nvidia page, not from Windows Update), if you are using a GF8 card. With "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysON" you can enable DEP again, but a few 3rd party add-on installer are having problems with DEP.

Guest mirand

Yes!!!I instaled all the hotfix (some of then are not applicable to my systen) and disabled DEP. After reboot the problem persist.ThanksFernando

You cannot disable DEP for FSX underneath Vista. FSX requires DEP to be enabled.Are you overclocking your PC?? The most common problem I've seen is that your overclocked abit higher than your system can actually handle (even if your system appeared to work fine prior to SP2). If your overclocking try reducing your overclock and see if that fixes the problem.Another possible cause could be corrupt scenery.

Guest Nils79

Can you please post the error message and the event log?Thanks!

Guest Nils79

Why should FSX require DEP? When i used Vista32, i had disabled it without any problems.Now i'm using Vista64, which doesn't allow the full disabling of DEP.

Nils,I have no idea. But I'm running Vista 32 Ultimate and it does not allow full disabling of DEP either and if you try to include FSX on the "disable list" Vista will say that it cannot disable DEP for this application it is required to be enabled.

Guest mirand

NilsAfter disable DEP, there is not a message error or log. The windows shows a message that the program need to stop and close FSX. No message, no DEP message!!!!!!Fernando

Guest Nils79

Hm, do you load any dlls with FSX? I would disable all Dlls in the DLL.XML (you can find it, where your FSX.cfg is and edit it: True ). Also move your "Modules" folder (if you have one, it doesn't exist by default) to your desktop (don't delete it, only move it outside the FSX folder).