Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich1241

Overland VC

Guest rich1241

Hi,Is it possible to use the overland virtual cockpit, for the 767 on POSKY 757, for example?If it is could somebody explain how to do it?Many thanks,Richard.

You will have problems in the VC mode if SP2 is installed. Worked ok with SP1.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Richard:The answer is no. The virtual cockpit is built into the 3D model.Todd

Your NO answer to to what., I have the Overlands , 767, 747 & Airbuses working great in FSX with SP1, using the instructions in this download for www.avsim.com otw_sms_fsx_v3.zip

Ray Vlasek

>Your NO answer to to what., I have the Overlands , 767, 747>& Airbuses working great in FSX with SP1, using the>instructions in this download for www.avsim.com >otw_sms_fsx_v3.zip>For FS9 aircraft, of which the Overland models are, you can't merge VC's from FSX or FS2004 from other aircraft. For FSX models though it is possible to do this with other FSX models. For example, you could use the VC for the default 747 in the default 737, by changing the interior model in the model.cfg file. (Of course copying the model, texture and/or gauges file into the aircraft you are doing this to. Theoretically you should be able to do this with the FSX lds-767 or PMDG 747X, however these aircraft also use dll files, so there may be some additional problems using their aircraft. FYI Overland is working on the next version of their aircraft. Not sure though if it's built by FSX SDK, or is a port from FS2004. If it's the former, you should then be able to switch around VC's with other FSX aircraft. Note any time you would do something like this, you pretty much forfeit any support from the developers, so if things do go bad, don't expect any help from them, even if it breaks the main product.EDIT: Just noticed, you weren't the OP of which this response was meant for, Sorry! I do think though the issue was using a VC from one aircraft to another, not just getting it to work in FSX which of course the instructions you post does work, and is what I used also. One note of interest, it seems SP1 fixed the problem with FSX panels not accepting negative coordinates, so you should be able to get the gauges in the panels better alligned now than with the RTM version.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>Your NO answer to to what., I have the Overlands , 767, 747>& Airbuses working great in FSX with SP1, using the>instructions in this download for www.avsim.com >otw_sms_fsx_v3.zipThat's all fine and dandy, but that's not what the original poster asked for. He wants to use only the "VC" from the Overland model with a Posky external model.That you can NOT do. Period.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest rich1241

Thanks very much for your posts, although i did only really need a yes/no answer but thank you anyway!Cheers,Richard.