Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

A Positive on SP2

Thanks Ron.We are all very busy...I didn't know the Comanche was released for FSX!! I just got it now, it's amazing :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>Hmm, I fail to see how the backward compatibility issues are>being sugar coated with regard to a positive post about SP2.>>Backward compatibility is an FSX/DX10 and vNext issue and most>of those issues will be resolved over time by their respective>developers if they want to remain viable.> >My point is that SP2 is not specifically the culprit with>regard to backward compatibility but does in fact help the sim>be it Vista or XP.>>Simply put, simmers have a LOT more choices to make with FSX>and we are simply attempting to boil things down and make it>easier and clearer for them to make choices that fit them.:-)It all depends on the users priorities, If the user intends to continue to want to use the many FS9 aircraft available, and has enough that makes fixing them takes up enough time to make it impractical, then no matter how well SP2 performs it is still a show stopper for them. If that's not a big priority then I agree SP2 does make the overall performance of the sim better. The main issue of backward compatibility is one of timing. We all know we were going to lose it at some point, but to do it in a patch release, is like changing the rules in the middle of the game! It should have waited until FSXI RTM.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks Ron. Sorry i was misreading the GT for a GTX. Doesn't matter. both cards play in the same league... :-). I can even run my 650/2000 GTX with 16x High Quality AF at 1920x1200 resolution.Heiko

Hi-ya Ron,I have had similar and posted my pleasure to the forum. The only gent that found my post agreeable (bless him) was Geoff above.In case you missed it, here is my post for your perusal.Never Had It So Good, so far.Along with many of us in this AVSIM FSX forum, I purchased my copy of FSX Deluxe last year in November too. And just like most of us here, my expectations were soon to be reduced from very high, to

Tom, this thread is simply an encouragement for those who've made the decison to move forward with FSX/SP2.It is not a debate about the relative merits of FS9/FSX nor is it about the decisons MS/Aces have made. Finally, it's not even a debate about users wishes or priorities.The guys in this thread have had a taste of success and they want to share it with their friends:-)Merry Christmas

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Sorry to have missed your thread Dave. Excellent results by the way!Glad to see that your financial advisor approved your path. Every simmer should have one like her:-)Merry Christmas

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest United

All of these threads about SP2 are mind-boggling in numbers and content. May I ask Ron, did you try and install SP2 through Acceleration before you did the recent clean re-install of FSX/SP1? If so, did it crash your FSX/SP1 in some way? I ask because I am intrigued and have thought I may need to clean install FSX and SP1, then try to install SP2. My first install try with Accel./SP2 was a disaster and I've just about given up on SP2 altogether.Randy Jura, KPDX

>Sorry to have missed your thread Dave. Excellent results by>the way!>Glad to see that your financial advisor approved your path.>Every simmer should have one like her:-)>>Merry Christmas>>The good lady has been delighted that your Piper Comanche Twin has had a very therapeutic effect on both this machine and oneself, thatyour Cessna Citation is looking good for the stocking (or should that be windsock) that's tied to the bottom of the bed ready for Christmas day.May we both wish you and all your team at Eaglesoft, a very happy festive season, and may you all enjoy good health and prosperity in the coming new year.

Randy, the beauty of what happened is because the installation was a very simple process. Clean FSX, then SP1, then SP2. No effort was made to tweak anything. Very straightforward and simple.Best of all, NO TWEAKING required:-) Give it a try and let us all know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>May we both wish you and all your team at Eaglesoft, a very>happy festive season, and may you all enjoy good health and>prosperity in the coming new year.Glad to hear you're enjoying our products as well. The Twin Comanche sure is easy on the machine:-)You certainly may wish us the goodness of the season if you'll allow us to return those same blessings to you and yours:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>All of these threads about SP2 are mind-boggling in numbers>and content. May I ask Ron, did you try and install SP2>through Acceleration before you did the recent clean>re-install of FSX/SP1? If so, did it crash your FSX/SP1 in>some way? I ask because I am intrigued and have thought I may>need to clean install FSX and SP1, then try to install SP2. My>first install try with Accel./SP2 was a disaster and I've just>about given up on SP2 altogether.>>Randy Jura, KPDXNo system crashes. I think you need to try it all over again. FSX, SP1, then SP2. And be done with it.If you don't, you're not giving it a fair shake.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest chrishunt

Despite the many initial shortcomings of FSX and a strange unwillingness to let customer focus get in the way of future projects SP2 has, for me, made the sim completely flyable. Mind you it has needed some quality add-ons (FEX, GEX and new Landclass, amongst others) to make flying truly stunning in the US.Regards,Chris

>All of these threads about SP2 are mind-boggling in numbers>and content. May I ask Ron, did you try and install SP2>through Acceleration before you did the recent clean>re-install of FSX/SP1? If so, did it crash your FSX/SP1 in>some way? I ask because I am intrigued and have thought I may>need to clean install FSX and SP1, then try to install SP2. My>first install try with Accel./SP2 was a disaster and I've just>about given up on SP2 altogether.>For me, Randy, I installed Accel/Sp2 right over my existing FSX. I defragged with O&O prior to the install and after. Also shut down any processes that periodically check for updates, etc. Went w/o a hitch.Q6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx 169.13 beta drivers Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors