Sign in to follow this  
Guest ezzy

Hong Kong - Kai Tak Visual Approach

Guest ronht

What is more fun?Complaining about FSX and SP2 or Flying?I choose flying......... Here is a YouTube video of a visual approach into the old (and now closed) Kai Tak airport in Hong Kong that is still a great experience. enjoyron

BTW - I've seen some great frame-rate improvements with the latest nVidia 169.25 beta drivers.

Guest ezzy

>What is more fun?>>Complaining about FSX and SP2 or Flying?>>I choose flying......... >>Here is a YouTube video of a visual approach into the old (and>now closed) Kai Tak airport in Hong Kong that is still a great>experience. >>enjoy>>ron>>

>>BTW - I've seen some great frame-rate improvements with the>latest nVidia 169.25 beta drivers.For FSX and KAI TAK i highly recommend this third party freeware scenery: http://www.swiremariners.com/cxhkg.htmlAlso there are directions on how to edit the AI aircraft to use the RWY 13 approach :)Now you have checkerboard, airport facilities and traffic - Nice!/ezzy

Guest fsxmissionguy

Yea, we could complain ... or go into free flight and set your airport to Keflavik, Iceland.Set the wind out of 210 degrees at 70 knots.Now, try to land your 747.Here's someone doing it for real in an Airbus A380:http://youtube.com/watch?v=GHrLB_mlir4

WOW! Awesome landing. It is quite a sight to see a large aircraft like that crabbing into the wind and realigning to the runway at the last second to keep from blowing tires or worse. Not quite the same in FS as your license and your life are not on the line but still fun to try and dream of doing it for real. Also thanks to the OP for the Hongkong landing. I'm tempted to leave the Pacific Northwest and abroaden my horizons in FSX.

Guest ronht

>For FSX and KAI TAK i highly recommend this third party>freeware scenery: http://www.swiremariners.com/cxhkg.html>>Also there are directions on how to edit the AI aircraft to>use the RWY 13 approach :)>>Now you have checkerboard, airport facilities and traffic ->Nice!>>/ezzyThanks for the heads-up on the FSX KAI TAK scenery. I just uploaded a YouTube video using that scenery and the Level D 767 landing in a stiff crosswind on runway 13. I'll post a link as soon as it goes live. This scenery makes the KAI TAK experience in FSX nothing short of GREAT! Thanks again. ron

ezzy, Thanks for posting the link to KAI TAK. I forgot how much fun that RWY 13 approach can be. Craig

Guest ezzy

>>For FSX and KAI TAK i highly recommend this third party>>freeware scenery: http://www.swiremariners.com/cxhkg.html>>>>Also there are directions on how to edit the AI aircraft to>>use the RWY 13 approach :)>>>>Now you have checkerboard, airport facilities and traffic ->>Nice!>>>>/ezzy>>>Thanks for the heads-up on the FSX KAI TAK scenery. I just>uploaded a YouTube video using that scenery and the Level D>767 landing in a stiff crosswind on runway 13. I'll post a>link as soon as it goes live. >>This scenery makes the KAI TAK experience in FSX nothing short>of GREAT! Thanks again. >>ronYes, hats off to the guys at swiremariners for sharing such a gem with us! Ron please post the link when upload is ready;)Cheers,Ezzy