Sign in to follow this  
Vineguy

Simple question regarding SP2

I am running FSX on XP with a Nvidia 7950GT video card. I have tried to read all the threads regarding the problem of my system locking up when going to the windowed mode after installing SP2.Is there a difinative answer as to what to do to solve this problem?As I read the post there seems to be conflicting answers and then suddenly they turn into Vista and DX10 fixes.Is there a solution that would apply only to FSX running on XP with a Nvidia 7950 card?Thanks in advance. Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Bob,What drivers are you using with that card?We have the same system ... and I'm not having any problems.

I am using 163.75. I tried the beta version 169.21 and no luck with that one either.Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Guest fsxmissionguy

I have the Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2Driver set: 6.14.10.9381Works great. Not sure if you can still get this driver or not.I usually don't recommend using an older driver set, but I've seen so many complaints recently from NVidia users about driver problems that I've decided for now to stick with what works.

If that is the orginal driver that came with the card, I guess I can just go to the CD and load that driver. Do you think it is the original driver?Bob G.

I went back to the orginal driver 91.47 and it still locks up in full screen mode when accessing the menu.Bob G.

I have the same card running XP and SP2 without the lockups. What resolution is your screen? And have you tried nhancer?Bob..

I have a 22" flat screen monitor so I am running 1680x1050. No I have not tried nhancer. Bob G.