Sign in to follow this  
Bell417

Positive thread & TIPS for Dx10/SP2 - PART 2-

I guess some idea ofwhat your setup is may assist some in providing options to try.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32

Guest Kris

Thx for reply Chrismy specs:Intel dual core E6850 @3.2GHzasus P5N-E SLI mobo4GB DDR2 ramVista Ultimate 64 bitGefore 8800 GTX 768mb

FSAA works pretty well for me. I am using nHancer though. It was a bit wobbly prior to me using nH... I do set FSAA both in the sim and in nHancer though.My specs arn't hugely different to yours so it should work.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Hi Kris,Have you tried setting AA (supersampling 8x) + AF (16x) + "enhance in-game AA settings" checked + "gamma correction" in nHancer DEFAULT profile? (right click on nHancer icon on the taskbar).It should work.Regards,

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Kris

still no go, ill try to reinstall drivers again, and run a reg clean

I stopped using DX10 because of lack of AA. I looked everwhere for solutions and found out the the DX10 preview allows only 2X A/A and this is coded into the program and cannot be changed by nhancer. What a pity because my framerates with DX10 where great - maybe only because of the lack of A/A? I have tried all the suggestions and have a 8800 ultra with vista. Please tell my info is wrong !

OK, sorry, i'm not sure if you're wrong, but I certainly have FSAA running on my setup.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32

Guest Kris

grrrr, just cant get fsaa working :(Tried making a profile for the #### of it aswell, noticed fsaa dident work in dx9 either unless i turned it on ingame.hmmmm.........

Kris,FYI, AA has to be turned ON ingame in DX9 and DX10.Something goes wrong with your previous profiles.I suggest that you do the following:1) set nHancer defaults settings according to the explanations in this thread2) shut down nHancer3) backup the folder "nhancer" you'll find in C:ProgramData and create a new empty folder "nhancer" in ProgramData .4) launch nHancer and check that "MS Flight Simulator X" profile is the same as the "Global" profile5) launch FSX and tell us what happens

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Check out Precision Flight Controlshttp://www.flypfc.com/cirrusII_flight_console.htmlI have the Cirrus II console and avionics stack and I know it works with Vista 64, thanks to Peter Dawsons FSUIPC and the pfc.dllI know their consoles are a bit on the costly side, but if you can afford it, their worth it. I've had one for 3 years and would not go back to a CH Products Yoke etc, Those plastic yokes fall off the desk when your'e trying to land a heavy!!Just my view.

Hi DavidWith your suggested settings in Nhancer and within FSX itselfRunning Nvida Ge Force 8800 GTX 756mb drivers version 169.25Intel Quad Core 6700 2.66 over clocked in Bios to 3.194GB DDRam Vista score of 5.1What Frame rates should I expect at a dense airport with quite a bit of AI traffic and ground traffic.I get low teens at best.What do you get?ThanksPhil M