Sign in to follow this  
Art_P

AI Traffic

My FSX is now flying and looking pretty well with SP1/SP2 and Adam Mills' modified ground textures. What I now miss most from FS9 is the wonderful World of AI traffic. WOAI put out a new installer (2.4) with support for FSX, but when I installed the airline traffic all I got was some planes at gates that never moved and no general aviation traffic.1. What options are available for real AI airline traffic in FSX without affecting general aviation traffic? 2. I checked on UT Traffic 2007 and they indicate that there are some graphic issues in FSX. How bad are they?3. Can I control the amount of AI traffic added with UT Traffic (or others) separate from the controls in FSX?Thanks for feedback from someone who has resolved this issue.Now flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FS2004, UT-USA, ASV6, FSGen, Vista Home Premium

Art

Guest Phil75070

With all of the various options out there, Traffic, MyTrafficX, Ultimate Traffic, WoAI, etc, I would be interested in what the consensus is for the "best" with FSX SP2 for.......- graphics- realistic traffic- fps friendly- easiest to set up

If you're looking for freeware, WOAI is great. Easy to install, easier on frames (as much as any AI can be these days....) and realistic traffic for the most part. Highly recommended.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

>With all of the various options out there, Traffic,>MyTrafficX, Ultimate Traffic, WoAI, etc, I would be interested>in what the consensus is for the "best" with FSX SP2>for.......>>- graphics>- realistic traffic>- fps friendly>- easiest to set upActually nothing at the moment is done native FSX and with great quality ;-)Now that got me thinking :-lol http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Guest thx1137

Hmm. MyTraffic X is fine on my system (Vista and Acceleration). Not all of the planes have been replaced with FSX versions but quite a few have been. Apparently there was an issue with Edwards Airforce Base supplied with Acceleration but there is already a fix in the forums for it. The FSX machines with MyTraffic are supposed to be very FPS friendly while maintaining a reasonable (IMHO) level of quality. Quality is hard to judge because it depends on the person, I myself don't sit there and watch AI, I just have it to make the place less sterile and for that quality is good, way better than some of the stuff I used to have in FS9! There are plenty of screen shots around.Steven

Guest Daniel42

MTX for me as well. I'm getting very good FPS while using the 'DX10 Only schedules'. I'm running XP with DX9, but using these schedules ensures that I have no FS9 ai planes eating my frames.For me, the paints have the right balance between performance and detail (as far as the new FSX models are concerned. There are some horrific monsters among the older paints/models)Daniel

>>With all of the various options out there, Traffic,>>MyTrafficX, Ultimate Traffic, WoAI, etc, I would be>interested>>in what the consensus is for the "best" with FSX SP2>>for.......>>>>- graphics>>- realistic traffic>>- fps friendly>>- easiest to set up>>Actually nothing at the moment is done native FSX and with>great quality ;-)>Actually my Copa Airlines (available in the file lib here) is absolutely native FSX. I made it to try to "encourage" PAI and WoAI to start issuing native FSX bgl's. It has not worked.About 50% of my AI are native FSX.The other 50% are AIFPC conversions, which, technically are not truly native FSX.Truly native FSX = compiled with TrafficDataBaseBuilder.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

"I myself don't sit there and watch AI"Actually, for the first time ever, I watched the AI traffic in one area using the new view selections available in FSX. I was impressed with FSX AI planes, even though one airliner taxied out to the runway with the cargo bay doors open. I didn't watch to see if it took off that way. One thing I found out by watching was that go arounds at Orlando International airport were being caused by taxiways being too far apart. Landing craft came nearly to a halt on the runway and then had too far to taxi on the runway to get out of the way of the following aircraft. A fix for this is to move or add a taxiway using ADE.If others are having luck with WOAI in FSX, why can't I get it to work?Art

Art

Guest Bob Keeshan

Another question regarding AI aircraft. If you have an add-on airplane (eg. F-16), will FSX also use it for AI aircraft? OR, do you need a specific AI F16 aircraft add-on?Thanks.

>Another question regarding AI aircraft. If you have an>add-on airplane (eg. F-16), will FSX also use it for AI>aircraft? OR, do you need a specific AI F16 aircraft add-on?>>Thanks.Couple of points on this1) not all aircraft work well as AI...flight models in particular. What may work well as user flyable flight model, may perform very poorly as an AI. As always, the only way to know, is to experiment--make a flight plan and observe how your AI are flying.2) to use, say, the F-16 you have as AI, it will not be automatically used by the sim. You must create flight plans for that aircraft (using the SDK).3) most user-flyable aircraft are designed to look good and fly well. However, these are not the best criteria for AI aircraft. AI aircraft need to be easy on the frame rate when you have dozens of them flying around as an additional consideration. This is not the case with most user-flyable aircraft, as there is only 1 user-flyable aircraft (except possibly in multiplayer when you might have 2, 3, or a few more going...but certainly not 100-150 as you have with AI.)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB