Sign in to follow this  

RealAir FSX Spitfire!

The RealAir Spitire was my first payware add on, and to this day its still my favorite, especially the racer. I can hardly wait for the FSX version! I'm anxiously awaiting the next update, as the one in September said there's some new goodies and screenshots comming soon. It's sure going to be sweet to see it wih bumpmaps and the whole works. Anybody as excited as I am? Hopefully we'll see it within the next couple months.

I hear ya.I check their site "several" times daily hoping for any news or screenshots.Now that SP2 is out maybe we'll see an update soon.I wonder if Bill is going to update the scenery that came with the FS9 version?Michael

I highly recommend the RealAir Scout pack. If you like GA or bush flying at all, this is for you!

Grrr, you had me all excited there for a second, thought it was out, even though I checked the site this morning. Thanks a bunch hehe. :)As the greatest airplane ever made for any version of FS (imo), I can't wait for the FSX version. A friend and I flew a pair of them all the way around the world in FS9 multiplayer over the course of six months. 76 legs, 33000nm, activesky real world weather the whole way, and some very close call landings on remote strips. Easily my greatest flightsim achievement and that plane made every hour of the journey a joy. Whispers subliminal messages to Rob and Sean... "rrreeellleeeeaaassseee iiiiitttt".Ok, maybe not so subtle. ;)

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest robby88

I have to second you on this. The RA Spitfire was my first FS aircraft add-on too. I've been eagerly awaiting the FSX version and hoping it would be out by Christmas. Anyway it looks like I'll have to wait. Nothings been announced recently.In the meantime I greatly enjoy their SF-260. :)

>Grrr, you had me all excited there for a second, thought it>was out, even though I checked the site this morning. Thanks a>bunch hehe. :)LOL, same here :D

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Guest fireflyfx

Couple of queries.1. Is there a dedicated realair forum anywhere?2. Scout package- Can anyone park planes in the bear gulch aviation barn without crashing?

Guest jcomm

IMHO,everything from Showaveproductions is top-notch!!!They really know how to deal with the airfiles, the visuals, everything!

Yes, you can park planes in the barn as long as you disable crashes before you enter it or start in it. Then, when you're out, just turn crash detection back on.

>Grrr, you had me all excited there for a second, thought it>was out, even though I checked the site this morning. Thanks a>bunch hehe. :)Hehe, I figured that might happen! ;)>>In the meantime I greatly enjoy their SF-260. >Yep, but I had to install a 300hp engine my mine to hold me over! Now it's the SF-300. lol

Based on the quote below, I wonder if we will get a cut down rear fuselage version? Anybody want to guess what it means?"Aside from these new features, and without giving too much away, fans of the classic Spitfire will have a few more reasons to get excited!"

Hi to all Spitfire enthusiasts,We are always reluctant to either predict release dates or to be pressured into releasing early because in the end we feel it is counter productive. We prefer to make efforts to get it right first time. I can tell you that we now are approaching the final lap and as with our other aircraft we are not simply adapting to FSX but re-designing from scratch specially for FSX.The good news is that the FSX version will include not just the Griffon engined Spitfire but also a Merlin-engined variant, plus some refreshing new liveries and a fully updated VC and sounds. We doubt whether the current scenery is going to be changed and one of the headaches with FSX is making existing scenery work satisfactorily.We anticipate entering late Beta development in January but other than that I cannot make any assurances. It's ready when it's ready!Regarding a forum, we have for a long time stuck to our policy of not having a forum, and our customers seem happy with that because in return they get timely and helpful bespoke responses to any issues they raise. Being a very small team this means that we can concentrate on serving our customers without being distracted by a forum which simply robs us of vital development time. I know that is not a conventional approach but our customer feedback suggests that for us this is the right decision.Best Wishes,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Please see my reply about forums below. Regarding the FS crash (not a software crash but a simulator crash "re-set") with the Bear Gulch scenery, this is because of the very close confines of the shed/hanger and jetty at Bear Gulch and is due to a mismatch between the designed borders of these objects and the rendered scenery which allows very little leeway before a collision is detected by FS9.The solution, as I think our flying guide states, is to turn off crash detect, which to our way of thinking is nothing more than a rather clunky scenery and flight re-set.Best Wishes,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page