Sign in to follow this  
Wnuk

Instant scenery-wow! A few questions

Guest Lith1um

Thanks for that info Gary.Does anyone know what the maximum adviseable radius for a .bgl is with respect to the performance impact?Currently I have my kilg custom scenery saved to it's own .bgl, but then I added the port where I work to the same .bgl. The two areas are roughly 5 miles away which I'm assuming shouldn't be an issue. Or should I break them up into two .bgl's.I guess it's just adviseable to segregate different areas into different .bgl's in case someone else wants to pick and chose among them all.I need to learn how to make an exclude and add satellite photos as the back ground.

Guest y2k2pilot

I have downloaded the free program, changed the dll, but can't get the program to show in the fs menu. Can anyone help me fix this problem ?Thanksy2k2pilot

Which free program... and which DLL; also, is this for FSX? :-hmmmHelp others help you better by providing more details! ;) GaryGB

Guest y2k2pilot

I guess that I thought that we were talking about Abacus free program Scenery Shortcut, and having to change the file dll.xmlThanksy2k2pilot

Are you guys that are using instant scenery also using vista? A friend of mine uses vista and he downloaded the program but coulcn't get it to run. Anybody know why?

Guest Lith1um

Vista Ultimate x64, no problems here.

I don't know why everyone needs Instant Scenery? The Object Placement Tool that comes with the SDK does the same thing and you can create missions while your at it too! We need more good missions for fsx. I am currently creating one (I have been messing with it for a while) -it's going to take a long time though because of all the little problems you run into. And yes, Scenery Design is awesome! After about a year using gmax I am finally able to create some really good looking scenery. If ACES would advertise this ability to add scenery then allot more people might be inclined to purchase the game.I bet in the not to far future there is going to be a lot of money to be made for fsx library objects. You can just sell a library of your own created content for others to add to the game.