Sign in to follow this  
Guest in_04

Las Vegas Stratosphere Tower gone with DX10 Preview?

Guest in_04

Hi,if I switch to DX10 preview mode the Las Vegas Stratosphere Tower is gone.If I switch back to DX9 it is there again.Could somebody check this please?Thanks in advance.

Guest Nils79

I checked it and i have the tower in DX10 mode (and DX9).Which add-ons do you use?Do you get error messages if you use this lines in the FSX.cfg:[sCENERY]// To show alerts or areas, set to = 1 // To hide alerts or areas, set to = 0 // Alert for missing texturesShowMissingTextureAlert=1// Alert for missing objectsMissingLibraryAlert=1

Guest in_04

Thanks will test it.I have a clean install of FSX and Acceleration and the Tower is missed in DX10 preview. No other Addons than Acceleration installed.Did you use Acceleration or SP2 only?

Guest in_04

Hi,I added those lines but no error is shown.

Guest Nils79

Markus,i'm using Acceleration.Did you "tweaked" something? And if you try the maximum scenery complexity? And try to refresh your scenery library.

Guest in_04

Hi Nils,no tweaks nothing, just a plain install. I removed after uninstalling the whole FSX folder and start from scratch.Scenery sliders are full right, same as for DX9 mode where the tower is there.I use "bloom" in DX10 mode, not in DX9. Will try the refresh of the scenery library.Thanks for the help.

Guest in_04

Hi Nils and Hi all,found that the Stratosphere Tower is only gone at NIGHT (!), if I set the time to daytime it is there at night, say midnight, it is gone :(Could you or someone confirm?Its only if DX10 preview is enabled.Thanks in advance

Guest phpdk

Hi Markus,I can confirm it. The tower is not gone, however, but the textures is completely transparent. And slightly transparent at dusk and dawn.Try to fly into it at night (with the realism setting "Detect crashes and damages" set). It's there still.This is a problem with many objects in DX10. SP2/DX10 handles textures differently from DX9 and if the object is not made to FSX standards, this problem may arise. It seems (if I have understood Jim Vile correctly) to relate to the "bundling" of FSX-custom made objects with older library objects into one bgl, so in that way it may affect even a true FSX object.Peter

Guest cbuchner1

Nah, that's just Microsoft who have hired David Copperfield for DX10 promotion to perform one of his famous "building disappearance" tricks. ;)

Guest Nils79

Where are the textures of the Las Vegas Stratosphere Tower? I searched in Namw but can't find them. Thanks!

Guest phpdk

The tower uses the following textures:nv16a, nv16a_LM, nv16b, nv16b_LM, nv16c, nv16c_LMbut I am not sure that manipulating those will do the trick.Peter