Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

SP2 Help Please

I have gotten SP2 to where I am fairly happy with it but I now get micro-stutters and sometimes full blown stutters. What should I do?

Hi, I had the same problem after installing Acceleration. Don't have it anymore - here's what I did.I uninstalled FSX/Acceleration then reinstalled them. Then I tried flying FSX for a while at various FPS settings until I got stutters etc. Then I started backing off on my fps setting until I found one which worked smoothly. In some minor cases I may still get some stutters and I just do the same, reduce fps setting. Important, in my case setting fps to unlimited gives the worst stutters as the computer is continually trying to hunt for the best it can do.Something else happened after I reinstalled fsx and Acceleration. I had lots of ctds and screen freezes before reinstallation. I previously had numerious addons installed (both aircraft and scenery) as I'm an addon junkie. After reinstallation, I carefully added one or two addons at a time and then flew for an hour or so to check for CTDS/freezes. If I got ctds/freezes, I uninstalled the addon I had just installed - then test flew again (hour or so). I've totally gotten rid of them by this method of reinstall an addon and then test fly. So far the main culprits for my system were certain addon aircraft and my enormous and messed up object library for Instant Scenery (IS). IS wasn't the problem, rather I guess it had something to do with the object library I had built from as many and all objects I could find. I'm guessing there must have corruption within the library. I deleted the object library i had set up and then built a new one of ONLY those objects I felt I'd really want to use. In any case I've not had any ctds/freezes since reinstalling FSX/Acceleration and my IS object library.Yes, it took a long time to do all of the above, but it's well worth it. Before doing the reinstalls, I was getting ready to say bye bye to fsx (with addons), as I was getting numerious ctds/freezes everytime I flew.Hope this helps.Good luck...

Guest fundies

Same was happening to me, but I found that setting frame rate higher (40fps now) actually smoothed out the micro stutters, although they creep back in in city areas, busy airports etc. Smoothest by a long shot is zero autogen, everything else on high settings, frame rate set at 60 fps (which matches my screens 60hz refresh rate), very fluid image quality. Pentium D 945 3.4ghz,2gb ram, 512mb 7900gs, windows xp sp2.

Howard,I had similar problem with the blurries. Never had any real stutter problem. After I reinstalled acceleration and set frames at 20 and sometime 15 the blurries essentially left. I tried unlimited frames, which gave me higher frames but the blurries came back. I had tweaked and tweaked trying to get those blurries to disappear and I have to say reinstalling SP2 corrected whatever was causing the blurries. Now all I need is to upgrade to be able to fly the big birds. CarlDell E510, P4-3.4, 2gram, 7600GS with 256MB.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________