Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

GEX or WWW?

Guest Nils79

Hi,has anybody tried the new replacement textures "What a Wonderful World", for mountains and rocky areas from Aim

Hi Nils,I think that no one can really compare them yet as there is no exe file included in Aim

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Nils79

David,thanks for the explanation. With 7zip, it was possible for me, to unzip the first archive (*.001), which contains the installer.As you wrote, WWW improves the whole world and is a really good basis. A big thank to Aim

Yes, stunning work.It's "WWWooooooooow"!!!And they perfectly fit with GEX and UTX.A warm thanks to Aim

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

To be honest, I've never felt comfortable with the GEX Grand Canyon. It just looks like a big truck came along and dumped sand over the whole thing. In those shots the WWW version looks way better IMHO.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I just tried to download from above post and it says no longer available in the library.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Make a search under "Aim

Best regards,
David Roch

Thanks,I found them but when I tried to download it said I was timed out.Am going to try now.Ron

So we can just install them with no changes in GEX and UTX?Thanks,Ron

Guest Phil75070

These textures are incredible! What am I missing? How does one install these files?

I just ran part 1 exe and it installed into flight simulator x.Should I have installed to sceneryworldtexture?I don't see the files anywhere in the main fsx directory but it didn't ask about overwriting files either.Thanks,Ron

Ignore post.I have it working.Great textures!Can't wait to get my new unit next week so I can really enjoy them.Ron