Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

GEX or WWW?

Guest Phil75070

>These textures are incredible! What am I missing? How does>one install these files?>>NEVER MIND! For some reason, the first time I downloaded the files the exe files were missing.

@ fsxmissionguy:It seems to me, that those "sandy" layers on the slopes over the rocky walls are more in place than Aim

Just check-flown in some other areas. As I was supposing, there are now huge areas of quite flat land on the mountain foothills (for inctance at the upper end of the Columbia River Gorge) covered with bare rock (that has too dark shadows btw.) - surely not what we want.Good to have backups!Cheers

Guest Nils79

A new optional Update is available:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=114547"File Description:Why optional? This update is for people who find that the Grand Canyon and Rockies are too reddish and dark. You must have parts 1, 2 and update 1. it require other files www_pack1_part1_228501.zip, www_pack1_part2_228502.zip, www_update_01.zip "I like it! Thank you Aim

Guest alex333

Has anybody got some screenshots of the recently released www updates?Thanks :)

Guest alex333

Cool, thanks!Those textures look very good, I will give them a try!

Guest Nils79

But make a backup copy of your worldtextures folder, only to be on the safe side in case you don't like them in every region.

Guest Stoopy

Those are beautiful shots and although the effort to make such a great improvement is appreciated, the basic mixed-up flaw that Iceland is actually shown as being green, while Greenland is shown as being covered with Ice, makes using FSX a show-stopper for me. This issue first showed itself when the MSFS series stepped outside the boundaries of Chicago, San Francisco, New York and Seattle and incorporated worldwide scenery, yet still has not been corrected in lo these many years. Maybe in FS11 this point of confusion can finally be addressed by the ACES team.;)

ACES does not hand pick and place land class for the Flight Simulator. It gets its information from the host country. Many host countries land class and road data are lacking and this is not one area what MS should be blamed for. I guess they can pay for more detailed land class from private companies if available, but then the cost will be prohibitive.

Guest Stoopy

I am not blaming ACES as the source of the fault, since all of the globes and maps I have procured contain this same widespread flaw and as a result, I refuse to use or even acknowledge them as well. I am only suggesting that ACES be the leaders in finally correcting this ongoing mix-up since Rand-McNally etc. certainly aren't going to step up to the plate and address it. I suspect to do so would be an embarrasment to admit they have been wrong all this time, whereas ACES can achieve recognition by being the ones who finally had the chutzpah to set things right. ;)

>ACES does not hand pick and place land class for the Flight>Simulator. It gets its information from the host country. >Many host countries land class and road data are lacking and>this is not one area what MS should be blamed for. I guess>they can pay for more detailed land class from private>companies if available, but then the cost will be>prohibitive.You do realise he is pulling our legs. :-)

Guest Stoopy

>You do realise he is pulling our legs. :-) I admit it.....it's true. Just some sideways humor. Although to be honest I didnt expect a 100% hit rate on understanding that but hope you got a laugh.Carry on!:)