Sign in to follow this  
NetNinja

My Disappointment with FSX 11!!!!!!!

I've got 10 nVidia 8800 GT's running in SLI, and still can't more than 100 FPS at LAX with full weather, and My Traffic 2010 at 100%. But once the insurance money comes in from the house fire, I'm going to upgrade my MOBO, that should help.:)http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest SHawk

These dang FSXI problems aren't the only ones. Fer instance, recently a friend of mine upgraded from Girlfriend 4.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that it's a memory hog, leaving few system resources for other applications. He is also now noticing Wife 1.0 is also spawning child-processes which are further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomenon was included in the product documentation, though other users have informed me that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application.Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself so that it is always launched at system initialization where it can monitor all other system activity. Some applications such as Poker Nite 10.3 , Bachelor Party 2.5, and Pubnite 7.0 are no longer able to run on the system at all, causing the system to lockup when launched (even though the apps worked fine before).Wife 1.0 provides no installation options. Thus, the installation of undesired plug-ins such as Mother-in-law 55.8 and the Brother-in-law Beta is unavoidable. Also, system performance seems to diminish with each passing day.I know this is by now getting off topic, but some features my friend would like to see in the upcoming Wife 2.0: * A "don't remind me again" button. * Minimize button. * Ability to delete the "headache" file * An install feature that provides an option to uninstall 2.0 version without loss of other system resources. * An option to run the network driver in "promiscuous mode" allowing the the system's hardware probe feature to be much more useful/effective. I myself wish I had decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 3.0 Even here, however, I have found many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 4.0 on top of Girlfriend 3.0. You must uninstall Girlfriend 3.0 first; otherwise the two versions of Girlfriend will have conflicts over shared use of the I/O port. Other users have told me that this is a long-standing problem that I should have been aware of. Guess that explains what happened to versions 1 and 2.To make matters worse, the uninstall program for Girlfriend 3.0 doesn't work very well, leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system. Another identified problem is that all versions of Girlfriend have annoying little messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0!virus ALERTAll users should be aware that Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Once that happens, Mistress 1.1 won't install and you will get an "insufficient resources" error message. To avoid the aforementioned bug, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system and "never" run any file transfer applications(such as Laplink) between the two systems.FYI: Don't even think about a shared directory!!!!!!!!!For a follow-up to this saga, see MaleFriendNeeds Technical Support.

Guest q8pilot

I find this tweak useful:reduce_atoms=16planets=falseprostitutes_ai=trueand for who are struggeling with the people ai, I've uploaded the reduced version @ 512x512, check the library ;)

I know man. I don't care what anyone thinks, fs11 sucks! When they make it with everything I want, just the way i want it, then I

>I know man. I don't care what anyone thinks, fs11 sucks! When>they make it with everything I want, just the way i want it,>then I

Guest Flane

"My Disappointment with FSX 11!!!!!!!"What the #### is FSX 11?Make up your mind, 10 or 11 not FS1011.:-roll

FS 11 is fraut with Alien virusses. I'm sticking with FS 95 :-rollHave a happy xmas Guys and I hope that you ALL have a happy and prosperous New Year?

Dave Taylor gb.png

My Core2 Octo 4.5Ghz is just too slow and the 8Gb Ram needs upgrading.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Sorry, I'm not at all disappointed after I've installed Vista SP9.You guys are always complaining!!*:-* http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1028/npho...17487927xr7.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I'll second that! I'm actually chuckling, my kids are looking at me with a concerned look on their faces....and Happy Holidays to all, may the new year bring happiness upon you.

If you guys can't talk about FS11 while being civil, and by that I mean only ever saying anything good about it, then I'm going to have to delete the whole forum.Now where's that big red button?(Happy Holidays, Everyone)

Guest ianrivaldosmith

How come i can run FSX all sliders maxed on my octuble core 9GHZ but with the same system in FS11 i can barely get 10FPS?Ian

>How come i can run FSX all sliders maxed on my octuble core>9GHZ but with the same system in FS11 i can barely get 10FPS?>>IanI love the thought of a octuble core.This is a Penny Arcade comic about the kind of computer needed to run Crysis, so imagine what we'll have come FS11:http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/10/15