Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

Sea traffic gone with WOAI

I think my boat traffic is gone after installing World of AI packs...anyone know where I can get some from?(FSX) DX9

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest BOPrey

Not really. I still have boat traffic. WOAI is real great and it is free too.

OK. Here it is again. PAI and WOAI are fs9 plans they are not the same as the default FSX plans. If you want both FSX AI and WOAI then you need to convert the WOAI plans to fsx. You need to get AIFPC which i beleive is on avsim. First go to FSX/scenery/world/scenery and copy all the WOAI files into a temporary folder. Use AIFPC to select all the BGL files ( it defaults to txt so you need to select it ) then decomplie them. Then select all the flightplan text files and recompile to fsx format. I have all my ai bgl files in my addon scenery/ai/scenery folder to keep it all seperate you can also create an AI folder in the simobjets folder and get WOAI to extract all the planes into there. Makes it easier to back up. But you need to add SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjectsAito the fsx cfg fie. Then all ai will be happy and smiley together and the world will be much better off fo it.

whew thanks, I will try that

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest abulaafia

A version with fully FSX compatible bgls for WoAI is not far off ...

Guest tcable

All of my non aircraft AI (boats and cars) are fine with the WOAI plans. I need to update them to FSX standard in order to get my default AI aircraft back.Tim

Its funny, i just spent a few hours yesterday removing all the airlines out of the default FSX ai so I could just have the GA to run with all the WOAI , VOZ and PAI traffic. Got heaps of traffic now. Now just to wait for the Airport BGLs to catch up.

>Its funny, i just spent a few hours yesterday removing all>the airlines out of the default FSX ai so I could just have>the GA to run with all the WOAI , VOZ and PAI traffic. Got>heaps of traffic now. Now just to wait for the Airport BGLs to>catch up. Grab Airport Design Editor (ADE) and you can rather easily update the stock airports yourself. Although not quite as easy to use as AFCADwas, it comes close. I'm currently in the process of adding parking to alot of default FSX military airfrields to support the military AI packages I've downloaded. In some cases it's as simple as just reading an FS9 AFCAD BGL into ADE, run the error checking tool and fix any annomalies, then compile the file into an FSX BGL. In other cases I've created my own parking by reading the stock FSX airport into ADE, adding the spots and compiling the new file. In the process I often choose to "enhance" some rather stark, boring fields with additional scenery items using the FSX Object Placement tool. Almost as much "fun" as flying :) Paul

Wide-5.jpg

...disregard

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Mjrhealth, or whomever,I decompiled and recompiled, And now I have NO traffic at all....hmmm ideas?(hey thanks for suggesting a backup, glad I did that woot)EDIT: oook, after reinstalling the backup files I now have boats lol...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Guest abulaafia

As I said, we are working on it. In the meantime you can convert your traffic files manually with this: aifs.pvdveen.net.