Sign in to follow this  
Guest dykesc

Runway Texture Impact on FPS in DX10 Preview Mode

Guest dykesc

Tried forum search on this subject and didn't find it. Apologies if its already been covered here.I am running a 2 gig ram, 8800gts(320mb, 169.25 driver), core2 machine. AA, AF and DX10 preview enabledI was exploring my fps drop at large airports while sitting on the runway threshold and noticed that the amount of runway surface occupying the screen was having a noticeable impact on fps. As I rotated a spot view to a top down look ( a lot of runway surface showing) the fps would drop substaintially (from locked 18 fps down to 6 or 7 fps). Rotating the view to a low side view angle (very narrow runway surface on screen) caused the fps to jump back up. Also occurs, of course, while in cockpit view mode. If the view is down the runway, fps drops. This drop in fps does not occur if DX10 preview is unchecked.Other than this troubling issue which comes into play at the most inconvenient of times (takeoff and landing) my performance at large airports appears to be acceptable in DX10 preview mode.Any insights / fixes would be most appreciated.

Guest dykesc

First and last bump just to make sure no one has any insights on this issue.

Guest fsxmissionguy

DO you notice this "drop in FPS when looking down the runway" problem at airports with no other scenery?I suspect that what you're seeing has less to do with looking down the runway than it does the complexity of the airport you are visiting.Incidently, and I'm sure you realize this but it's good to say it out loud: DX10-mode is a demo.