Sign in to follow this  
doc1956

Captainsim C-130 FSX released, whats it like??

Hi All,I've just seen that Captainsim has released its first C-130 package for FSX. I'm at home with the family for xmas and cant download it myself, has anyone downloaded it?If so, how does it look, perform, fly, framerates etc?I know the FS9 was not perfect when it was released, hopefully they have Beta tested it a little bit more in depth this time!!!ThanksGreg

Greg B

I can't figure out the pricing structure. The Base Pack is priced higher than the extra pack I or II. Or do you have to buy all three? For $56 US (base pack) it better be bug free. And there is no mention of a discount for FS9 C130 pilots. (or I missed it). And on a side note, I think value pricing is a big factor in the disappointing sales of FSX add-on's. I do understand the exchange rate and hope the developers understand I'm more selective. I.E. it had better be good or they are getting it back (Flight1 excluded) via a charge back. Bob..

>I can't figure out the pricing structure. The Base Pack is>priced higher than the extra pack I or II. Bob,I have the FS9 C130 and thought that was quite a good model but the pricing on the new FSX model is ridiculous. Captain Sim say there are 4 separate packs, which would suggest that a person could buy all 4 and get something different but at Aussie $115 for the base pack and one extra pack (exchange rate of 0.60 for a Euro) they are simply asking too much in my case.Paul

I have the CS 130 running in FSX. And yes.even the gauges. I used other aircrafts panels for the CS 130 using FS panel studios. Its not like it has some sophisticated systems like FMC.so ..I have the models/externals. I have the sound. I have the flight models. I have the VC/Gauges. what am I missing that I need the FSX version?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>I have the CS 130 running in FSX. And yes.even the gauges. I>used other aircrafts panels for the CS 130 using FS panel>studios. Its not like it has some sophisticated systems like>FMC.>>so ..I have the models/externals. I have the sound. I have the>flight models. I have the VC/Gauges. >>what am I missing that I need the FSX version?>>Manny Spending a $100US?

Guest krswen

I wish I could tell you ..... I bought it Thursday evening and have yet to get a download link or acknowledgment from CS. Paypal account has already been debited. No response from CS when I filled out their "rescue" form.I'd wait if I were you. I should have.

Guest United

Oh, I know how we love to knock Captn Sim. I've done it, but I loved the FS9 version, well, the FSX version is visually stunning. I don't know anything and don't care about flight dynamics. The VC is sweet and the sound is awesome. It's a bit of a hit on frame rates but worth it. It's spendy. Is it too much? Maybe by a titch, who knows. It is visually stunning, I'll say that much.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest Bill Dailey

Same thing happened to me. I ordered the C130 for FSX on Thursday. My credit card got charged immediately - but so far I have received nothing from Captain Sim for a download link or any response.These guys put out good products if you can ever get them to respond and get you a download link or activation process but over the last few years I have never ordered a Captain Sim product that wasn't a hassle to get or get activated. This one is no different. They never learn - (or maybe I never learn!!)Captain Sim has the worst e-commerce process of any major flight sim product vendor by a wide margin. Taking your money happens right away - giving you a product takes time. If you question them or ask about it they blame you the customer!My advice - keep your money until the product is widely reported to be reliably available!! Right now that doesn't appear to be happening.Bill

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, the CS saga continues. After all the block 1-99 crazyness, looks like we still have to put up with more nonsense. They are starting to remind me of others in this business who charge a ton of money for beautiful graphics and not much more.Some of us have learned from FS2000, 2004 and now FSX about the Captain and how he leaves us hanging with 'half of a product'. Let the buyer beware! Also, service has NEVER been their forteBest to all, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

>Oh, I know how we love to knock Captn Sim. I've done it, but>I loved the FS9 version, well, the FSX version is visually>stunning. I don't know anything and don't care about flight>dynamics. The VC is sweet and the sound is awesome. It's a bit>of a hit on frame rates but worth it. It's spendy. Is it too>much? Maybe by a titch, who knows. It is visually stunning,>I'll say that much.>>Randy Jura, KPDXHi Randy,Is it worth $60? And the frame rates are "a bit of hit"? There isn't much FPS room on most user machines. How is the gauge refresh rate compared to the FS9 VC. In order to get a US Coast Guard texture the total cost will be over $100 US. Ludicrous. Is Capt Sim that dimwitted?Note to developers:1. The "ala carte" pricing structure stinks. Ala Carte means funding the other half of the cart which never gets finished. It is a rip off pricing scheme. 2. I'm not buying the same aircraft twice. Once for FS9 and once for FSX. Companies (ie Capt Sim and Eaglesoft) are not competitive with other developers. 3. I was a add-on junkie for FS9 and have spent an order of magnitude less on FSX for the same time period. Everything I have purchased for FSX allowed a discount or at least work in both FS9 and FSX. Thanks Flight 1, Level D, PMDG, ASX, etc. Happy Holiday!Bob..

I might have to pick this one up. I loved the FS9 version and I have never had an issue with CaptainSim support (knock on wood). They have always responded quickly to my emails and have always seemed friendly.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Hello All, >>Well, the CS saga continues. After all the block 1-99>crazyness, looks like we still have to put up with more>nonsense. They are starting to remind me of others in this>business who charge a ton of money for beautiful graphics and>not much more.>Since we're faking aircraft here anyway, sometimes beautiful graphics is worth the cost. Kind of like fine artwork, if you're in to that sort of thing. Besides, I once saw a video of the FS9 C-130 virtual cockpit using Track IR, and it really does look great in 3D mode too.I've got "two" third party designers in mind when it comes to exceptional graphics and artistic abilities for aircraft skins. They are Carenado & Captain Sim. So obviously, your personal thoughts of crazyness & nonsense, are just about a 180 from mine. I've always known from the beginning of what to expect from Captain Sim, and have never been disappointed.L.Adamson

Thanks Gents,Its looking like apart from the download links its a nice package. Going to be investing in this one.Greg

Greg B

I purchased the FSX C-130 about an hour ago. I purchased the product, received the DL link, downloaded and installed within a 10 minute period with no problems. I've taken two flights in it so far and it flies great and has no more impact on frame rates than the Flight1 PC-12 I have. I was well above 20 at KSEA RWY 34 with Autogen and Scenery at Dense. What I'm finding with FSX is that when I lock the framerate with some aircraft I get better performance while with others if I set it at Unlimited I get better performance. The C-130 seems to work best at the Unlimited setting. I have no complaints so far with the C-130. CraigLian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec