Sign in to follow this  
doc1956

Captainsim C-130 FSX released, whats it like??

Just grabbed it today and I love it. Just as I did the FS9 version.I only have one problem....can someone tell me where the manuals for this bird are located?[edit]Ok, figured it out...downloading them from Captain Sims website.

On the subject of those manuals, anyone know if they're more or less the same as the FS9 manuals? It's a huge amount of colour printing if there's only minor detail changes.Can't get fully registered on the CS forum for some reason. Anyone had problems there? Although i've registered AND activated the reg, the site will only let me view - not post!

Seems to me that the manuals would be the same or very close to the FS9 version.Lian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/secCraig

Can anybody post screenshots of the FSX version? Something that really shows it off? There's only a couple small images on their site. Also does it have bumpmaps? I got the Xlaod and there were no bump maps, which was a dissapointment considering the price.

Guest krswen

>On the subject of those manuals, anyone know if they're more>or less the same as the FS9 manuals? It's a huge amount of>colour printing if there's only minor detail changes.>>Can't get fully registered on the CS forum for some reason. >Anyone had problems there? Although i've registered AND>activated the reg, the site will only let me view - not post!They've locked the site while they go on vacation (I think). No one can post until they get back. Read the Notam up top.

>Also does it have bumpmaps? I got the Xlaod and there were no>bump maps, which was a dissapointment considering the price. I'm curious what you mean, since the price is only 20Euros - probably one of the least expensive FSX add-ons out there. - Martin

>I'm curious what you mean, since the price is only 20Euros ->probably one of the least expensive FSX add-ons out there. >>- MartinIt's actually 40 Euros for the FSX base pack, which is quite a lot for an add-on aircraft. I think you may be looking at the FS9 Legendary C-130?http://www.captainsim.com/products/c131/Lawrence

Yes, it 40Euro - NOT 20.I'm intregued re the CS forum. It does indeed appear to locked down tight. However, there are several newish posts. Confusing.How 'on par' from CaptSim though...... lock the forum just after releasing a major addon. Makes great sense from a customer stand point.Mind you, in saying that, i've got the C130X, and i must say, much as i'd like an excuse to moan about CS, this aircraft appears to be top notch so far.

Guest Lith1um

Wonderful shots there.Anyone know if there's a tutorial anywhere for this bird? The manuals are very precise but, i feel they assume the user is starting out at a fairly advanced level.Thanks

Here is what I posted in another thread:HiI have the same experience with Captain Sim.As a owner of the C-130 for FS2004 with it

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Guest JIMJAM

Today my be the last day FSX stays on my computer.This last week Ive been flying FS9 alot with the old C-130 and Aerosofts Lukla scenery.Cranked up all the way around Im getting 30-40 fps.All of these GLOWING reviews weakened me and I bought both the newly released FSX Lukla and the FSX C-130 last night.With my XP based, tweaked, Raptors,2 gigs SP1 ,Nvidia 7900GTX machine I get TEN FPS!Not 11 but TEN no matter where I am at.So after digging through the forums I find that I may need to load SP2.Well guess what. SP2 crashes my system.So learn from me. If you are still forced to stay at SP1, there is a real chance the c-130 will barely run for you.I also had alot of weirdness such as gauges going crazy, missing sounds ect. And yes I cycled the views.Bottom line- Its always been a element of risk when buying a addon but now its the worst I EVER have seen it.Either you win the FSX/ADDON/COMPATABLE Lottery or... well its sucks to be you.At this point I can either delete FSX and forget about it. Hope for a miracle cure. Change out my video card and hope for the best.Ok, my $50 plus rant is over.