Sign in to follow this  
doc1956

Captainsim C-130 FSX released, whats it like??

>>The 28.December, somewhere around midnight, I was about to>post my findings in the Captain Sim forum (C-130X report an>issue section), only to find that support and the ability to>post in the forums was disabled due to Captain Sim going on>holydays.>>Now we have to wait until after the 8. January to get info on>what will happen next.>>40 Euro isn

Whilst L.A. once again strives to be the 'one man army' for CaptainSim, anyone know of a tutorial:D

wothanfja16,The problem with a proper cold and dark has already been noted in the CS forums and will be fixed in the next SP.The problem with the torque gauges has been noted in the CS forum and will be fixed in the next SP.CS is aware that there are some initialization issues with the A/C and gauges and are looking into it.Problems with ACE utility have already been noted and looked into.What more can you ask?? Did you read any of the posts in the CS forum? Seems to me at present that they are on top of the issues as they are being found.Just because they develop software doesn't mean they do not deserve a little holiday time like the rest of us. I'll agree that 40 Euro or $61 dollars US isn't cheap for an addon but let's at least give them the benefit of doubt and a chance to get an SP together.

The reason I

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Guest JIMJAM

Wouldnt you think that if you have problems with a plane "initializing" in other words, working, that might be something to fix before its released?"I'll agree that 40 Euro or $61 dollars US isn't cheap for an addon but let's at least give them the benefit of doubt and a chance to get an SP together.":-lol :-lol PS- I an not flaming CS cause if you could see my face I am laughing.I got burned with their 727 which they STILL never fixed after what, 20 years ago.Then I got caught up in the original c-130 Paypal disaster where Avsim had to open up a forum because CS gave us all the finger.The there is the 757 block scheme which has left alot of people still empty handed.Now they release a C-130 and I BOUGHT IT.And Im having problems. IMAGINE THAT!And CS went on VACATION. Imagine THAT.....Face it. We have more money than sense :-xxrotflmao

Guest Lith1um

Cold and Dark starts work for me every single time if I use the Ground Power Unit to provide external power. You can bring up the GPU from the simicon menu or the animations menu. It can be seen circled in this screenshot,http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182613.jpgIf I try C&D starting from the Gas Turbine Compressor and Air turbine motor (no gpu) I can get it to start, but I have to fiddle around and I still haven't sat down and narrowed it down to an exact science yet.As I understand it,The C130's turbine engines are always running at a constant 100%rpm even at flight idle or ground idle. (100% = 13,820rpm) The propellers are always at 100% rpm because they are mechanicaly linked to the engines through a driveshaft and a fixed ratio reduction gear. Propeller pitch and fuel flow are automaticaly adjusted in response to throttle movement to derive the required level of propeller thrust and enough engine torque to maintain 100% rpm @ that pitch. The exception being engine rpm will be reduced to 72% when the low speed ground idle control buttons are engaged, but prop rpm would still show 100%.The following is a quotation from the manual regarding the flight director, notice "The course arrow is slaved to the respective compass heading signal, thus always pointing straight up." Does that have anything to do with your issue? I just remembered reading this but Im not very skilled in that area."NORMAL OPERATION OF THE FLIGHT DIRECTOR SYSTEMMode Selector Operation. In the following paragraphs, each position of the MODE SEL switch will be discussed with the FLT DIR switch in both the NORMAL and HEADING positions.HEADING Selection. With the MODE SEL switch in HDG and FLT DIR switch in NORMAL, the flight director computer operates in the auto nav mode. No radio aid is used in this mode, and the ADI operates as a basic attitude indicator. The HSI will function only as a compass repeater, with the range indicator connected to tacan. The course arrow is slaved to the respective compass heading signal, thus always pointing straight up. This gives a continuous digital indication of aircraft heading in the course selector window."I have no problems with the ACE editor saving which doesn't help you, but should be stated.All that said, this aircraft is a blast. It's very powerfull, sounds awesome, and the reverse thrust is a blast when landing short.It's got enough reverse thrust for non trap carrier landings, I thought I was going overboard but stopped just in time.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182635.jpgThe final stopping point viewed from VC looked alot scarier at the time,http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182636.jpgThen I decided to do a takeoff from one of Acceleration's carriers, no jato - 40% flaps - all bleeds shutdown - much positive elevator trim. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182637.jpg

>>I'm curious what you mean, since the price is only 20Euros>->>probably one of the least expensive FSX add-ons out there. >>>>- Martin>>It's actually 40 Euros for the FSX base pack, which is quite a>lot for an add-on aircraft. I think you may be looking at the>FS9 Legendary C-130?>>http://www.captainsim.com/products/c131/>>LawrenceExcept he was talking about the XLoad pack. Only 20 Euros.- Martin

HelloBut the Problem is :We are still waiting for the patches for the FS9707727757Wake up THERE Will be NO Service pack, all of the problems notedwere present in the FS9 version.

>Hello>But the Problem is :>We are still waiting for the patches for the FS9>707>727>757>Wake up THERE Will be NO Service pack, all of the problems>noted>were present in the FS9 version.>>>Perhaps you may have noticed that this thread does not concern anyaircraft but the CS 130 for FSX. Must be nice to have a crystal ballto read into the future. Where exactly do you purhcase those?Craig

>>Except he was talking about the XLoad pack. Only 20 Euros.>>- MartinYes, and for $30 I would have expected bump maps, as they are a standard feature for FSX aircraft.

>Yes, and for $30 I would have expected bump maps, as they are>a standard feature for FSX aircraft. Ok, it just seemed like a good deal to me, especially in view of the prices for other add-ons. I guess "value" is relative - fair enough. I have to admit, your post has made me more curious about what exactly the bump maps do. I'll peruse the SDK...- Martin

>>Ok, it just seemed like a good deal to me, especially in view>of the prices for other add-ons. I guess "value" is relative>- fair enough. I have to admit, your post has made me more>curious about what exactly the bump maps do. I'll peruse the>SDK...>>- MartinBump maps create the appearance of rivets and panel lines for the purpose of interacting with light. The wing seen here is totally flat geometrically, though with the bump map it has the appearance of panel and rivet indentations. http://sio.midco.net/FTP4/untitled.JPG

HelloThose who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat the same mistakes