Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Post Acceleration bugs that annoy me

These are bugs that I feel could have EASILY been fixed (possibly with exception of full screen menu bug) before Accel went public-Bell 206's nose angle camera view points wrong direction-Oversized landing lights seen from a distance on AI traffic and user aircraft-VC lights don't activate during day time when it is darker in VC (when you need them), can be fixed (sorta) with tweak but then night VC lighting is far too bright-annoying black squares that appear near the nose/landing lights for a brief moment-annoying full screen menu bug evident with nvidia GPUs (pre-SP1 too)-ATC window sorta locks up and doesn't allow user to input options/answer ATCThere are a lot of good things about Accel, but some of the items just drive me nuts....night flying is almost worthless due to high intensity VC lights, oversized landing lights look tacky, and there's nothing worse than losing your IFR clearance cause you cannot respond to ATC in the little window....SP2a anyone? Please? Thanks,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Here is one that has bugged me in the last several versions of fs-not just acceleration:Set yourself in a coordinated turn.... how minutes does it take one to turn 180 degrees-360 degrees?Imho pretty important -can't recall this mentioned much if ever-wonder why? Imho more important that lights, and a whole slew of other bugs that exist-but still there after many versions of the sim.After all-this effects safety of flight!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Two immediate fixes to the above. The landing lights can be fixed with Shockwaves wonderful new lights package and the atc window locking up is actually fixed in SP2. You can click the answer with your mouse.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Bonkey

You mean standard rate turn, 3 degrees a second? Is it out of whack too?

Thanks for your comments, and yeah, but we shouldn't have to buy new lights for a programming problem.... just a little codeIs the ATC window bug fixed in the download only SP2? Because with Acceleration I still get it...Thanks Kevin for that link, but again, we shouldn't have to go and edit this stuff to make it work...Still though, if there was an edit to make the VC lights work AT NIGHT properly, I would do that..

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Real life turn coordinators are not accurate. For example, the United Instruments Model 9000 specifications state that for a 180 deg/min rate of turn the deflection of the symbolic airplane shall be 20 deg + 2 deg. So the deflection for that rate of turn could range from 18 to 22 deg. This is at room temperature. At -30 deg C, the variation is + 4 deg with a range of 16 - 24 deg.http://www.unitedinstrumentsinc.com/nss-fo...1inc/UI9000.pdfThis is why page 5-24 FAA Instrument Flying Handbook says "Prior to performing timed turns, the turn coordinator should be calibrated to determine the accuracy of its indications." and then explains how to do this.

Guest fsxmissionguy

No problem Ryan: I posted the information so that anyone else who finds the camera positioning annoying can easily fix it.I know of no software package this complex that doesn't have its share of small errors. That this one is so easily repaired, I think, beneficial to those who enjoy the Bell 206B so much.

Guest firehawk44

Just to keep things accurate, it's NOT Acceleration that is causing problems but SP2. I think you alluded to that in your last statement: "SP2a anyone?". I have had SP2 installed for quite a while, have two Nvidia 8800GTX video cards, and have never had the "annoying full screen menu bug". I've heard about it though and suspect it's a bad install of the display drivers as I had the same thing happen in FS9 when clicking on the kneeboard and a reinstall of the video card drivers fixed that problem. With DX10 Preview enabled (a major proponent of SP2 for those who own DX10 capable systems/video cards), I am frustrated with the flashing runway textures. They are the default runway textures and they should work properly. At KSAN they are especially prevalent but I've seen it at every airport I've visited. I suspect this is a display driver issue too and hope to see a fix from NVIDIA soon if this is the case. If it's a problem with SP2, I hope there's a patch in the works. Best regards,Jim

Guest Regg001

SP2 is not changing lights at all.I'm running SP2 and all the changes i made to the lights (three weeks before SP2 upgrade) are still there including HALO.BMP i fixed for my own needs (and close to what Shock... is doing for free).

Well I don't have SP2, but Acceleration.....So to me, Acceleration (/sp2) is causing these issues...My halo.bmp is the same so I dont know whats upYeah so many drivers, and I dont have DX10 but have heard of the flashing textures, thats annoying

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |