Sign in to follow this  
Guest Regg001

Simple question - sound issue

Guest Regg001

Hello this subject is only a question - so please do not start an editorial about the issue or FSx or MS itself.I have a small problem with sound, if i look right or left from the cockpit the engine sound (interior) can be heard correctly on the left or right channel depending on the side i'm looking. The issue i have is when i go back to front view i'm loosing the sound from the engine (left only with the wind and cockpit sound). Question.- Is it an issue with the plane config or the sound config ?- What needs to be change to correct the issue (where) ?I only have that problem with airplane/jets other than the default ones. Running FSX with SP2 (not acc.) Thanks for your help.

Guest diajohn2

Do you have onboard sound or an addon card?XP or Vista?It is likely just your sound setup and not FSX.

Guest Regg001

Thanks John for taking the time.I have a Creative SB Audigy II sound card. Do you mean it could be from the DX10 upgrade - there was something to do with the sound driver for that card ? Or else ?Please remember , i don't have the issue on all ''native'' FSX aircraft - even if they are using the same sound folder/config.EG.. 747 from FSX is working ok 747 from CAMSIM got the sound issue.Thanks.

Guest diajohn2

Open the control panel for the Audigy. Your settings will have changed and have to be reset. Make certain of your center channel.

>Do you have onboard sound or an addon card?>>XP or Vista?>>It is likely just your sound setup and not FSX. I have onboard sound and noticed that after adding Acceleration I seem to have lost my rear speaker audio in "8 channel" mode. This workedfine befoe AccelerationSP2.I also experience volume changes whit ATC...varies from loud enoughto hear just fine to barely audible. These changes occur randomlyduring flight.I have a GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboardwith RealTek onboard audio and the latest MB drivers.Opening the Realtek panel and checking shows the configuration iscorrect ( the same as it has been from the beginning ) and thatthe surround sound works with the test in the panel.Something seems to have changed in AccelerationSP2 vis a vis sound. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Regg001

>Open the control panel for the Audigy. Your settings will>have changed and have to be reset. Make certain of your>center channel.Hey John, right on!!It looks like the DX10 upgrade did reset my sound config on the Audigy - or at least part of it in the surround section. I re-instated my audio config, and bang all the sounds were back to normal. Thanks for the good hint. Merry XMAS every body ..

Try and change the "Hardware Accelaration" in Advanced Audio Properties/Performance settings to "none".Worked for me.Hope it helps.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ