Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

view point movement FSX

Hellodoes anyone know how or if its possible to adjust the speed/rate the view point(VC & Aircraft view) moves when you use the key combinations , ctrl shift enter, ctrl shift bkspace, shift enter , shift bkspace keyboard commands? Ive looked in the main CFG but see nothing that looks appropriate for this. I would like to speed up the eye point movement particulally in aircraft view as it is very slow for moving around the outsidethankskav

Kav,you can ADD the following line to any cameras that are movable:XyzRate = xxx (meters/sec)The default rate is 0.25 - suitable for the cockpit but not for outside. I typically use 1.5 to 3.0 depending on the camera.If a camera isn't intended to move, such as a fixed camera, you may be able to make it move by adding XyzAdjust = True. I like to be able to raise the Nearest Tower view in case it's positioned amidst the lights of a tower object or behind a building.Loyd

Loydthanks for the info........i assume that i need to look in the aircrafts config to find these camera entries?kav

Ive found the right section to edit but was wondering if it was possible to add extra views or is fsx limited to 5 external cameras?ive tried to add a new section but it does not seem to work in the simkav

For those out there who are also struggling with this, or read your thread and became interested in doing this, it's nice to also remark on HOW you sorted out your issue. No matter how silly your mistake might seem to you, I can assure you there are a thousand guys and gals out there who made the same mistake and couldn't figure out the answer.I assume you either:1. Weren't providing a unique GUID for each camera?2. Weren't titleing/numbering the cameras appropriately?Thanks!Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Kav,There doesn't seem to be any limit to adding cameras: if you want them to be global in scope, add to the end of the Cameras.cfg - with appropriate definition numbers, new title, and a UNIQUE guid. For specific AC only, just add to the individual aircraft.cfg. Especially useful for only a few perhaps... Place a custom camera in a saved flight and then it will only be available when you reload THAT flight. Something like a camera placed near the end of the runway (or flight deck) or near a waypoint where you need to turn onto final approach...or pointed at your parked aircraft to make sure that no one fools with it. Use your imagination...Loyd