Sign in to follow this  
Guest codkilla

FSX SP2 Buggy?

Guest byoung

Is anyone else having problems with selecting menu items from the FSX menu and it completely locking up /hanging your system? I have tried flight reset and selecting weather from the FSX menu and both options Lockup / HANG my system.Where is the QA ACES?Am I missing something here?Barry

Guest wjotten

>Is anyone else having problems with selecting menu items from>the FSX menu and it completely locking up /hanging your>system? I have tried flight reset and selecting weather from>the FSX menu and both options Lockup / HANG my system.>>Where is the QA ACES?>>Am I missing something here?>>BarryYes Barry, you've missed about 1 1/2 months of posts on the entire matter of lock ups and CTD's with SP2, which came about on the day Acceleration (which contains SP2) was released. Scan the forum here. If you're using an NVidia card, try the latest drivers and hope for the best. 169.21 for 7 series cards, there's another later sequence for the 8 series cards.As for QA from ACES, ACES has said there will be no more work done with SP2 or FSX. What you see is what you get.

Guest firehawk44

This has been discussed at length on this forum. Do a search on this forum and the CTD forum for "Menu". Although I never encountered this problem with SP2, I believe the fix is reinstalling your display drivers.Jim

Guest fsxmissionguy

"Where is the QA Aces?"A better question would be: Where's the QA Nvidia?Your video card driver sucks. I would bet dollars to donuts that you bought an NVidia 8800.There's nothing wrong with FSX.

>>A better question would be: Where's the QA Nvidia?>>Your video card driver sucks. I would bet dollars to donuts>that you bought an NVidia 8800.>>There's nothing wrong with FSX.Lots of 8800's run just fine with FSX too.

Agree. If you are running XP with a Nvidia 7 series card, download the 169.21 drivers. If you are running Vista and the 8 series use the 169.25. I am running XP with a 7950GT Nvidia card and the 169.21 has cured the CTD for me. Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Guest byoung

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!Barry

Guest byoung

Nope, updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers and still CTDs.. BTW I did a forum search on FSX SP2 CTD and came up with nothing. (advanced search as well)Any ideas?Barry

Guest codkilla

Your not on your own. Im using XPSP2, a 7 series Nvidia GFX card, and FSX with SP2 via Acceleration still gives me the menu lockup (clean install and any-latest driver). FSX is running very well under SP1 (mostly high settings) so I'm afraid for me thats where FSX shall remain. Yes buying the Expansion was a waste of money, but at least my Aircraft built on the DX9 SDK are working fine.E-bay here I come.

>"Where is the QA Aces?">>A better question would be: Where's the QA Nvidia?>>Your video card driver sucks. I would bet dollars to donuts>that you bought an NVidia 8800.>>There's nothing wrong with FSX. Hummm...I didn't see where he stated WHAT his video card WAS so how can you make such a statement? And "There's nothing wrong with FSX" is simply NOT a correctassessment. There are many problems with FSX unrelated to NVideacards so your blanket statements just don't wash... Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Anyone with problems in SP2 can consider themselves totally abandoned. Aces has stated clearly they are done with FSX despite its lack of quality and Nvidia does not acknowledge these issues as bugs. Neither the menu problem nor bad dx10 framerate are listed in Nvidia's release notes as known issues. So Aces points the finger at Nvidia and Nvidia points it back at MS (If they are even aware that there are problems). We as consumers are stuck. I put the blame on Aces for this mess for not fixing the problems. If it really is a driver problem they should be on the phone with Nvidia every day trying to get it fixed. I find it impossible that they could have tested SP2 without finding these issues. Contrast Aces lack of response and lack of quality with a company like Bioware who is still issuing patches for a game it released in 2002. Aces cares about its schedule not its customers.So bottom line, go back to SP1 if you want to use FSX. You can abandon any hope of ever using DX10.Don

Guest byoung

I have to upgrade my video card for DX10. I am really considering a Non NVIDA card, such as ATI.Any other suggestions for DX10 cards... Oh one requirement, it must be a low profile card or be able to be converted to low profile.Thanks!Barry

Barry, if you run in "windowed" mode everything will work as normal. If you need to run full screen, most people are successful with pausing the sim first & then accessing the menus. This IS an NVIDIA issue with their drivers & SP2. I have read in the CTD Menu thread here on Avsim that someone received a response either fron Nvidia or EVGA that acknowledged the issue was noted & they are working on it for a future driver release.Jim

The blame unfortunately does fall on MS shoulders. I have run the latest Nvidia drivers on an 8800 GTS card. With the latest drivers FSX with sp1 is flawless no CTDs but, add SP2 and the CTDs begin. Obviously SP2 is flawed. However, we're stuck with it with no help in the future so the only thing is to hope for clever simmers to come up with work arounds.Do you all remember the seasonal CTDs that plagued FS9 and MS kept denying it until a German simmer figured out the fix and MS had to admit it and include it in the update for FS9.I remember it only too well. So here we are again. We'll manage.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

"A better question would be: Where's the QA Nvidia?Your video card driver sucks. I would bet dollars to donuts that you bought an NVidia 8800.There's nothing wrong with FSX."AND"It isn't FSX that is the problem. It is my hardware (and your hardware). My hardware isn't capable of doing what you want. But, FSX is capable of it."o_0