Sign in to follow this  
ABE

GPS OUT

Anybody using GPS OUT with FS9 or FSX with a mapping program. Appreciate any help to get started and how to operate it.Thanks.Abe

Guest Nils79

Hi,i used Xconn (http://www.pocketfms.com/2-downutility.asp) to get the GPS data from FSX and i had a freeware GPS software on my second PC running.It worked fine and you should be able to connect to any GPS software or a real GPS via com-port (null modem or virtual com ports).

Thanks for replying, Nils.I discovered that I do have Xconn installed. And I do remember using it at one time with FSX a long time ago. I had difficulty finding the Xconn file (I do not remember if this is the correct file name).I am using one computer only and have a null modem cable connecting 2 ports 3 and 4.Appreciate any help. Possibly a step by step. Or finding the Xconn program which I remember had excellent instructions,Thanks.Abe

Guest Nils79

Abe,since i have my new PC, i'm also using only one PC, because i sold my two old PCs to buy a more powerful for FSX :)That's why i don't use XConn anymore and why i can't give you a step by step guidance, but i think you only have to select the proper com port in XConn and your GPS software (if your null modem cable is connected to the ports 3 and 4, then select in XConn port 3 and in your GPS software port 4). I hope this helps! Here you can download XConn directly: http://www.pocketfms.com/Downloads/Program/xConnV0.3.zip

Thanks Nils.Guess what. I downloaded the XCONN file.....it was the same as the one I had previously installed in FSX back in March of this year.My problem was that the serial port PCI card I had installed was not working. So essentially I had no functioning com ports. I ended up by installing a free program by Pete Dowson - GPSOUT - that works well with both FS9 and FSX. It creates virtual serial ports in pairs.I do appreciate your help, Nils. And my contribution back maybe of help to you.Thanks again.Abe