Sign in to follow this  
Guest FO UFO

Help me with my settup PLEASE e6850 6600gtd 2gb ram

Guest FO UFO

Hi, I've been trying to get fsx to work well with my new system but quite simply cant. My main problem is awful FPS when I turn on ultimate traffic 2007 or set scenary complexity to anything above dense, what setups to people use with compareable systems? also, would it br worth it for me to get 4gb of ramspecs;Dual core E6850 (not over clocked)8800gts 320mb (not over clocked)2gb ram (dual channel)FSX SP2Windows xp SP2ps: I also have awful popping/ crackling of sound around large airports whilst using wilco airbus series vol 1/2. HELP!! this is with my sound blaster audigy [1] card.Thanks

Guest fsxmissionguy

Couple points here:It would not be worth it to get 4GB of RAM as Windows XP/SP2 can only address maximum 2GB.Your video card has been implicated in a lot of issues. You don't say what driver you're using.I am not an Ultimate Traffic 2007 user (I went with the freeware traffic program available here on AVSIM and found it to be very good, and not a frame rate hog.)Setting scenery complexity higher than Dense just isn't probably going to be worth it for you with your 2-core system (too much of a frame-rate hit). Stick with Normal to Dense. Reduce your Autogen to Normal (this is probably the most realistic setting anyway) and keep your traffic sliders at about 35% (15% for road, boats).Make sure you've turned off bloom and aircraft casting shadows on itself. You can leave lens flare on (looks nice from outside views and doesn't cost you many frames.)With that, you should get around 20-25 FPS in medium-sized airport/city environments (which is plenty). If you get near Boston, Seattle, etc., type cities/airports, that's gonna drop to below 15 sometimes, which is gonna bother you.Stay as far away from Tokyo as you can get. (Nobody's rig can handle Tokyo).

>Hi, I've been trying to get fsx to work well with my new>system but quite simply cant. My main problem is awful FPS>when I turn on ultimate traffic 2007 or set scenary complexity>to anything above dense, what setups to people use with>compareable systems? also, would it br worth it for me to get>4gb of ram>>specs;>Dual core E6850 (not over clocked)>8800gts 320mb (not over clocked)>2gb ram (dual channel)>FSX SP2>Windows xp SP2>>>>>ps: I also have awful popping/ crackling of sound around large>airports whilst using wilco airbus series vol 1/2. HELP!! this>is with my sound blaster audigy [1] card.>>>Thanks>I have no problems running FSX (SP1), so I would that think your hardware would be better. Of course SP2 is a different animal.What motherboard and memory are you using?Have you checked for a more current bios and chipset for the motherboard?I think I would use the auto-update feature that Creative Labs has at their website. I use it all the time. Maybe updating this way would solve your problem. Otherwise it's Wilco causing it for sure. Try a re-install of the Wilco product. Especially if you update the sound card drivers.There seems to be a lot of nVidia driver issues lately, so try different releases. For that video card you probably would be best off with one of the 169 releases.Go here and see if others can help you --> http://forums.guru3d.com/If you just got the computer is there a chance you could upgrade to an 8800GT?Let us know what happens and good luck.WXP(sp2)|Dx9.0c|AMD FX-62|Gigabyte 7950GX2 v158.27|OCZ 700W|Foxconn C51XEM2AA|Zalman CNPS9500|2 gig Corsair XMS2 6400|Gigabyte 3D Arura Case|Plextor 716AL|Audigy2|Maxtor 60 & Seagate 250 Sata|Viewsonic 19"|Thrustmaster Cougar, Elite Rudders

Guest FO UFO

thanks! I'm using 169.21 (latest nvidia driver).I seem to spend more time playing around with fsx than actully playing the game!Just encounterd another problem (on top of the popping sound)- the wheels sort of move off to the right meaning I can never stay on the centre line of the runway during takeoff/ landing!!!Thanks for the help :)

>thanks! I'm using 169.21 (latest nvidia driver).>>I seem to spend more time playing around with fsx than actully>playing the game!>>Just encounterd another problem (on top of the popping sound)->the wheels sort of move off to the right meaning I can never>stay on the centre line of the runway during takeoff/>landing!!!>>Thanks for the help :) Same here, I know the pain.I am using those drivers and I will have to get rid of them. FSX has a weird split-screen display at night. I had good luck with the 169.01 release, so tomorrow I will re-install it.Calibrate joystick, trim aircraft, test using no wind, engine torque will have some affect on direction.

Guest fsxmissionguy

I assume your sound and wheel issues are related to the (non-Microsoft) Wilco bird? You'll need to check their support forums for a resolution from that, I'm afraid.I did find this:" I have installed FSX Service Pack 1 from Microsoft but I get some IRS alignement problem. What's wrong?"Answer: You problably haven't updated the Visual Studio 2005 libraries which is required.You can find more information about it on FSINSIDER.COM." Incidently, here is the support forum for NVidia users as it concerns FSX.http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=22Lots of problem posts with the 8800.

Guest FO UFO

Hi there again,For the reccord I'm using P5N32-E SLI motherboard and am using the very latest BIOS.The wheel problems are with all aircraft- the popping sounds are wilco airbus only!I have had the graphics card for about 3 months- mabye I can try and tell them its faulty and swap for a GT.I would go back to FS9 but 8800 is AWFUL with that!