Sign in to follow this  
Mango

Add on binge/addiction?

Thank you Flight One for "getting me back into the spirit" of flying, and FSX in particular. Without your awesome add ons I don't think I would be as interested to get back into simming.I went on a Christmas weekend binge and bought 5 add ons, for which I received some X-Mas gift money and thought, "why not"?!UTX upgrade, GEX, the PC-12, Ult Traffic X upgrade, and FS-Discover, all work as advertised, no problems, installed great and I am having a great time! FS-Discover really adds a lot to the sim, quite incredible thinking of all the places one can find that never knew they were there before.A couple weeks back I also bought the California V2 scenery from PC Aviator and WOW does that (along with FS Discover) add element to flying in SOCAL!! Whohooo good times are back for flying..I turn off all autogen and bring back the traffic to 15-17%. All of this is flyable on a SINGLE core 2GB memory computer. If I'm flying the PC-12 or any plane (even stock FSX) with a glass cockpit I need to also turn off all static scenery (buildings, etc.) to keep it flyable but it is worth it and the textures are so crisp and 3-d like that it makes up for it!

>Thank you Flight One for "getting me back into the spirit" of>flying, and FSX in particular. Without your awesome add ons I>don't think I would be as interested to get back into>simming.>>I went on a Christmas weekend binge and bought 5 add ons, for>which I received some X-Mas gift money and thought, "why>not"?!>>UTX upgrade, GEX, the PC-12, Ult Traffic X upgrade, and>FS-Discover, all work as advertised, no problems, installed>great and I am having a great time! FS-Discover really adds a>lot to the sim, quite incredible thinking of all the places>one can find that never knew they were there before.>>A couple weeks back I also bought the California V2 scenery>from PC Aviator and WOW does that (along with FS Discover) add>element to flying in SOCAL!! Whohooo good times are back for>flying..>>I turn off all autogen and bring back the traffic to 15-17%.>All of this is flyable on a SINGLE core 2GB memory computer.>If I'm flying the PC-12 or any plane (even stock FSX) with a>glass cockpit I need to also turn off all static scenery>(buildings, etc.) to keep it flyable but it is worth it and>the textures are so crisp and 3-d like that it makes up for>it!How is this FS-Discover product? Does it suck up any frames?Doesn't it become annoying have the titles blinking off and on?

>>How is this FS-Discover product? Does it suck up any frames?>Doesn't it become annoying have the titles blinking off and>on?>I keep the setting to "static" (so the names do not cycle or blink as you refer to) and put all objects to view 12 NM or less to reduce clutter.It does have a very slight effect on frames (at least on my single core rig), I doubt it has any effect at all on frames on the faster computers. It's well worth 1-2 FPS IMO when cruising looking at what's around you.

FSDiscover is a fantastic addon ! When you open the map, you can see all places of interest and easter eggs and you can jump right away wherever you want with a mouse click. I don't notice a FPS loss at all.I was planning a 'photo session' for the OrbX beta around Mt Beauty. Without FSDiscover it would have taken forever to find the correct location... :-).i9.jpgBtw - complete flight over here:http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=622.0Heiko