Sign in to follow this  

Advice from the AVSIM PRO'S welcome:)

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all, ive just built the following and am now using it with FSX sp2 Acceleration and Vista Ultimate 64bit:-1.) Quad Core Q6600 @ 3.4GHZ2.) ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP AiLifestyle Series P35 Socket 775 Socket eSATA 8 channel Audio ATX Motherboard3.) Thermalright Ultra-120 EXTREME CPU Heatpipe Heatsink COUPLED WITH A Yate Loon 120MM fan4.) 4GB Crucial Ballistix (4x1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C4 800MHz Dual Channel Kit5.) Antec 900 Case6.) Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (WD3200AAKS)7.) Inno3d 8800GT 512MB 1280x1024Now FSX is running very nice, but not 100% great, I still have minor stutters, and like most cant enter nig cities with heavies!The reason for my post is just to see if anyone has a similar system and what settings they use? different CFG's for bush flying and for flying heavies. Do they use AI traffic and if so what package? What CFG tweaks best optimize fsx for my system? Unlimited VS locked frames?Hope I can get some help to take this from 90% runing good to 100% running great!CheersIan

Nothing really wrong, nice setup.... it's a chore to get any of the nice planes flying well and smooth near large cities.... Not a lot you can really do.You can try to lock your frames. What you want to do is first run unlimited, and see what value is the lowest value. Say if they range from 17-35, you want to lock at 17.... Yeah it won't be silky smooth but you should get rid of microstutters.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Nils79

Ian,if you are using XP, you can lock your frames, but if you are using Vista, i wouldn't.MytrafficX is good Ai traffic, because they are using FSX models (not 100%). But be careful with your traffic settings (30-40% is ok).With your system, there is no real need for CFG tweaks. I only use:[bufferPools]PoolSize=6000000[Main]DisablePreload=1

Guest ianrivaldosmith

I use Vista x64.....Why is unlimited better on vista and not xp?Ian

.. and I use unlimited with XP, because she "vibrates" just a tad if I limit to 30 or whatever.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

On my system, a C2D 6600@3.3ghz and an 8800GT locking the framerate is a pointless endeavor. My machine can easily maintain 27+ FPS on unlimited, but if I lock it to 27 it can't get above 17. And I see no tangible benefits from this huge FPS drop. Its effectiveness seems to vary from system to system, so really its up to you to decide which option you like most.