Sign in to follow this  
sargeski

SP2: Progressive Taxi line doesn't show up

Yesterday I noticed the Progressive Taxi line doesn't show up anymore. When I turn it on I can see it for a split second, but then it's gone. This wasn't the case before SP2. Also the yellow lines on the ground shimmer a lot.Am I the only one or can anyone else confirm this? More important: how can I get it back...? I'm easily lost this way...

Guest fsxmissionguy

I noticed that with my video card (Nvidia 7950 GT) the progressive line sometimes disappears in the VC. But if I change my view slightly, I can spot it again.From external views, it's always there. Not sure why this would be, but there it is.On the plus side, it's forcing me to act like a real pilot, and refer to my kneepad for taxi directions. ;)

>Yesterday I noticed the Progressive Taxi line doesn't show up>anymore. When I turn it on I can see it for a split second,>but then it's gone. This wasn't the case before SP2. Also the>yellow lines on the ground shimmer a lot.>>Am I the only one or can anyone else confirm this? More>important: how can I get it back...? I'm easily lost this>way...It's a product of running SP2 in DX10 Preview. You will have no issues with textures or the progresive taxi arrows running under DX9.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Sarge,I have to disagree. I have seen the behavior I described in DX9/SP2.

Waaall... I found that the line - as I was taxying out at Kden (looooonnnnggg taxy) - certainly DID disappear, and that (using TrackIR) as I turned my head 20 ~ degs to one side or the other - it reappeared. This only seemed to happen at Denver, but I don't use it that often. This was well before SP2, DX10 or any other mod.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

>Sarge,>>I have to disagree. I have seen the behavior I described in>DX9/SP2.fsxmissionguy,I'm not going to disagree with you. ;)I have had no issues with flickering textures or missing progressive taxiways under DX9 on my system......it only happens under DX10 Preview exclusively.It would however, be interesting to hear from the original poster and see which flavor of DX was being used when he/she was experiencing the problems.