Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

Only two words: Piper Cheyenne !!!!!

>I have one issue I cannot solve and hope the one other person>who bought it today might be on the boards this evening. :) I>cannot get the VOR-ILS/GPS rocker switch to rock. It is stuck>in the VOR-ILS which prevents the plane from following the GPS>flight plan.There's no CDI button on the GPS? That does the same thing...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest bully2

HIThe Cheyenne was promoted and sold by Aerosoft as am FSX product initially. The FSX version was supposed to follow close on the heels of the 2004 version. The reasons for the delay are obvious..... BUT, the FSX version was already paid for at the outset and therefore should have been delivered FREE to original purchasers of this product.It was listed by Aerosoft as an FSX compatible product for a long time. Eventually, after many months, it strangely disappeared from their list of FSX products. Questioned about this, Digital Aviation merely stated that the FSX version was still being developed.Now we find that the FSX version WITH the discount costs more than a lot of other good aircraft that are provided for both FS9 and FSX from the outset, especially here in the UK.I don't mind paying a little toward the FSX version of this aircraft, but the price for previous owners of this product purchased when it was advertised and sold as FSX compatible is, in my opinion, extortionate.Having got that off my chest, I would still recommend this aircraft as one of the best on the market both in FS9 and now in FSX. The graphics, both interior and exterior are superb, and the complexity will hold the interest of even the most demanding of Simmers for a long time to come.I have only flown it for an hour or two, but I am happy to finally have this FSX version of one of my favorates.My only reservation is the cost distortion here in the UK, and the miserable deal for those who originally purchased an FSX compatible product from Aerosoft.Have a great ChristmasBruce Upperton

FYI -Aircraft is designed for SP2 only. (warning given on installation)Darn, if this is true, it's a deal breaker for me. I am having enough issues without SP2...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest Grahame Myers

Just tried to reach DA's forums, down again....Btw, info for all the people carping about the price in the good old US of A:The euro price is

>>There is a new instrument in the radio stack that tells the>autopilot what to follow.... I'm still reading the manual, >>Mine did work later in flight but I cannot remember why...>still trying to get in under control in that respect.>>I changed teh nav freq to the next VOR wpt, and then I was>able to activate that switch to GPS but why and whatfore I>dunno as my smart 4G computer decided I'd run out of memory>soon thereafter at 2.3G of usage (??) This is for the Cheyenne>1A model...>>Yuppers, I'm back on board. I activated the flight plan in the>little>Trimble 2000 as per manual, then set the nav1 to the first VOR>and voila the GPS switch was switchable...why? dunno yet.>allenThanks Allen!I'm trying to complete a short flight and finish wrapping presents! LOL. I'll try your method, which in fact, might be the way the actual Trimble works!Bob..

>>I have one issue I cannot solve and hope the one other>person>>who bought it today might be on the boards this evening. :)>I>>cannot get the VOR-ILS/GPS rocker switch to rock. It is>stuck>>in the VOR-ILS which prevents the plane from following the>GPS>>flight plan.>>There's no CDI button on the GPS? That does the same thing... Hi Bill,No the Trimble 2000 GPS does not have CDI button. Thanks for the suggestion.Bob..

:Raises Hand, jumps up and down, I know, I know!!:The VOR-ILS/GPS rocker switch will automatically go to the VOR-ILS position when an active ILS frequency is received on NAV1. Apparently both of us have NAV1 set to a local ILS frequency. Just change the frequency of NAV1 to another Freq and the switch will work as per the manual. Doh!Bob..

One of my favorites finally has made FSX :DAnd with the proven quality of Hans and this bird, I have no problem with the $25.22USD cost for the upgrade !! A fair price for such a quality A/C.Merry Xmas !Garett

I just finished a night flight with a tricky cross wind landing (delivering gifts :)), and the plane flies better than it did in FS9. The big improvement for me is the VC gauge refresh rate. It is as smooth as the 2d panel. The night instrument panel remains one of the best ever for an FS airplane. Bob...

True, true - that's what you are supPOSED to do...Let's see now, just where is that itemized list of everything I've purchased on the internet? hmmm.But no states around here have added a 20% tax anyway. Max is typically 8%.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Absolutely Awesome!!! I just downloaded it and took a quick flight. It is even better then the FS9 version. Well worth the $25.22 (with the FS9 discount). Go get it if you want a premium turboprop for FSX.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Fantastic plane indeed !Two quick comments:1. The install offers to improve landing lights for "all planes"... hmmm what to do... I said yes, and love the effect. Suddenly, the wimpy landing lights in SP2 are brilliant lights (in the outside view).. very nice !2. The Cheyenne crashed my FSX+Acceleration.. turns out I had to download and re-install the MS VS2005 SP1 redistributable. Just in case others run into the same problem.

Bert

Guest fsxmissionguy

Light screenies please (Shockwave user ... want to compare them).

If it doesn't work with FSX SP1 then they can keep it.I have it for FS9 and it's very good.It's getting to the point to throw FSX in the trash can and go back to FS9. There are just way to many problems with FSX. SP1 was a great patch, but SP2 sucks and so does Acceleration.