Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

Only two words: Piper Cheyenne !!!!!

Hi Miguel,I just checked the DA website and the cost to new owners is (pasted):All sales based on Euro. Other currencies shown as reference only.Product: VAT: Total price: Piper Cheyenne FSX -- US$ 49.20 Subtotal: US$ 49.20 Thats a lot of cash for one aircraft. I see Vancouver + is out and they want $60.00 for that puppy, and they did nothing to CYVR.It's a beautiful piece of work (both) but where does it stop? The new Eaglesoft Citation X for $80.00 or maybe $90.00?

Guest DreamFleet

Well, I guess, if such is possible, and one could rent a real Cheyenne for maybe $800+ an hour in the USA; yes, that is about what one would go for.Considering the quality of work that DA does (I have worked with these folks, including Hans Hartmann). $49.20 works out to about the cost to taxi a real one just to the runway, when one considers the total operating costs.To quote a friend of mine who is a 7000 hr ATP, and who used to own a large part 135 operation with multi engine piston and turbo prop aircraft..."Your point is?"No offense, but when it comes to products of this caliber, I must speak out.The mistake many make is to compare the cost of the add on to the cost of the sim. The sim is just the "operating system", and one should expect that the best add ons will cost more than the cost of the sim.Here you have the closest thing to the real thing for only the cost of $50 or so. It may not be 100% the real thing, but it when it comes to FS it is no joke either, and you should take it very seriously.I consider it a bargain, and these guys at DA do not fool around and produce unrealistic stuff either.You want to fly a Piper Cheyenne? You have three choices:1. Rent one for maybe $800 and hour or so.2. Buy one for an average of $1 million dollars+ or so, and then spend $600 an hour to operate it.3. Spend about $50 for the DA Cheyenne.If you are serious about FS and seeing what it is like to fly the real thing, the cost of the DA Cheyenne is not an issue.It may not be 100% the real thing but for $50 or so, it is a bargain!I've worked with Hans Hartmann on the DF 737 and the Flight 1 ATR 72. This man does not put out cheap stuff, and he lives in Germany and gets paid with Euros.This Cheyenne is worth more than they are asking.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Good Morning Grahame:All of the following are relative to running with FSX SP2 under DX9. I DO NOT have Vista or the Acceleration Pack and am running with XPPro. "In return for getting the DA Cheyenne, a whole lot of other things will be broken again: The F1 Cessna 441, the FSD Pilatus Porter, the MAAM DC-3, and a whole lot of other stuff too."The "F1 Cessna 441" and "MAAM DC-3" seem to fly fine to me. This old memory doesn't remember what the problem was, but I had to use a different third party Pilatus Porter panel for the "FSD Pilatus Porter", but with it that bird flys too. The FSD Navajo seem to have no problems. "I can only hope that FSD's Cheyenne 400LS will be updated soon, I like it better than the Cheyenne III anyway :+"I have no idea how the new DA Cheyenne compares, but I have no problem with the FSD Cheyenne 400LS either. It flys fine in FSX with SP2 and DX9.The above being said, with SP2, the prop textures (spot view) for some of the prop planes imported over from FS9 the props had a solid circle (don't remember which ones), however, a simple solution for any that did was to replace that texture with one from another aircraft that had no problem and rename it with the original text.I also might mention that all three of the FSD aircraft mentioned above are of the early versions. If you have the newer "FSD Pilatus Porter" it may not have the panel problem.For what it is worth::::RTH

Although the price of this aircraft is fairly high and 20 dollars less than what I paid for FSX I'll have to agree with Mr. Betti.Games are expensive these days and you may pay 50-60 dollars for one, play it for a month or two and then it sits gathering dust. FSX and all the add-ons I've bought have cost me a bit of cash but considering the amount of time I use these products, 49 dollars for an aircraft of this quality (despite the bugs) is a good bargain when considering time used vs cost, and as Lou states, a whole heck of alot cheaper than the real thing.