Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Possible to purchase fully upgrades FSx??

Hi allI have not as yet purchased a copy of FSx - still using FS9. However I have recently built a new machine which I think should be OK to run FSx. I am aware that SP1 and SP2 can be downloaded from somewhere(MS site?)-- but am wondering whether a retail version of the programme with SP1 and SP2 incorporated into it is available. If not, what would a person who is not connected to the Internet do?Any help much appreciated.Thanks Barry

Guest fsxmissionguy

"If not, what would a person who is not connected to the Internet do?"Step 1:Go to the store.Step 2:Purchase a case of Fosters Lager.Step 3:Go to a friends house who has internet.Step 4:Open first can of Fosters Lager.Step 5:Hand it to friendStep 6:Start download.Step 7:Go back to step 4.Step 8:Repeat until download finished.Step 9:Finish the case.Step 10:Wait 2 days for the hangover to clear up before installing SP2.

No, that's not available. And it won't be available too. Someone who has no internetconnection will have to find someone who does have one, download the files and burn them on cd. That's the only way.If this is a real big problem for you (finding someone with internet) I am sure someone from this community won't mind burning the files on a cd and send them to you (if you pay for the stamps ;) ). I live in the Netherlands and if you want me to do this, just let me now and we'll work out the details. But it may be cheaper to find someone who lives in the same country. ;)EDIT:I think stamps are cheaper than a case of Fosters Lager (and if it really is a friend, you shouldn't need Lager at all!), but it's your choice of course... :(