Sign in to follow this  
scott967

How to properly use the GPS that is in FSX?

Guest Desert Flyer

I've been trying to figure out how to properly use the GPS that appears in the planes of FSX but to no avail.I'm not a real life GPS user in my car, I've never owned one so I know absolutely zero about programming in routes or whatever it is in plane language to guide me to my ultimate destination.I've clicked almost all the buttons on the GPS now but that doesn't do much at all for me, it usually brings up screens with flashing backlights flashing but don't know what I would enter if I could figure out a way of entering it.Or maybe the GPS isn't supposed to be used like I envision it to be used in FSX.Maybe I didn't look thorough engough (quite likely with me) but is there some form of documentation that covers not only the basics but the finer points of using the GPS systems in the FSX game?Thanks,

Well, there is a rather extensive manual which may be found in the Learning Center, which of course is the very last place anyone ever looks... ;)You can also access it directly from your browser here (your hard drive lettername of flightsim you have to add yourself):../FSWeb/LearningCenter/Navigation/UsingTheGPS.htm

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Desert Flyer

Very nice, I didn't really know that the learning center stuff was in simple html so that makes it much easier for me to read the stuff that's in the learning center in a full screen browser instead of the game.Thanks,

Also I think if you go to the Garmin web site ther is some info, including a GPS simulator. I've played with the G1000 some, and find it a bit pf a challenge. I'm not sure the real unit user interface is that great, and I find the whole big knob/little knob thing in FSX a bit of a pain.scott s..