Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

KDFW in FSX

I work at the Dallas/Ft.Worth International Airport. Having just installed FSX I was amazed to find that FSX did not have the new Terminal D modeled in the program. Is there a setting that I am missing or is there a patch that will add this magnificent building to the program.Bob JohnsonDallas

Guest Lith1um

Im not sure if D is even in FSX, but you may have to turn up scenery complexity to a higher setting to see some particular buildings.

The "Airfield Data Date" for FSX is April 2005.If the terminal / facility / airport / runway was not on Jeppsen charts in April 2005 - it's not in FSX.Terminal D was not completed at that time.I am also awaiting some addon scenery designer to model the building.

There was a addon in FS9 that updated KDFW and had a basic Terminal D addition along with the SkyLink trains. Is this FS9 scenery compatible with FSX?Bob

>There was a addon in FS9 that updated KDFW and had a basic>Terminal D addition along with the SkyLink trains. Is this>FS9 scenery compatible with FSX?>>BobI doubt it, but you could always try it and see what it looks like.Really, the author of the FS9 scenery would be well-positioned to make the changes and upload it for FSX. Those changes would probably entail adjusting the transparencies and textures (materials) for FSX, and re-exporting.If it has animations (the Skylink trains?) then that is a significant undertaking to port that over.That is an oversimplification but probably the FS9 scenery author is in the best position to handle it. After all, he has done a fair portion of the work already.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hello Rob!Nope! You're not crazy and you settings are just fine. Unfortunately, the airport DB of FSX dates back to 2005 and even though FSX came out Waaaayyyy after Terminal D was fully operational at DFW, it simply did not make it to the sim.I am even more amazed at the fact that no one in the FSX community has offered to update the scenery to include Terminal D. I have updated my FSX DFW AFCAD to include parking for Terminal D as in real life just so I can have the rest of the airport arranged according to current parking - it's kind of weird to see all of the heavies parked around an invisible building.I volunteer to provide the community with an updated KDFW AFX Afcad once one of the scenery designers updates the scenery.Hope this helps!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Dennis,Even though I know it looks weird can you send me that updated afcad file for KDFW with Terminal D.Bobbobbyoh1@verizon.net

Hello Bob!No problem! I shluld get my machine from the shop here in a day or two and as soon as I get it I'll shoot it over. Please send me an e-mail to Mullert@SBCGlobal.net and I'll respond with the file attached.Hope this helps!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Bob, Where do you work at DFW? I work for US Airways in Terminal E. I'd like that Afcad also. captmw2@yahoo.com

NAX669.png

>Hello Rob!>>Nope! You're not crazy and you settings are just fine.>Unfortunately, the airport DB of FSX dates back to 2005 and>even though FSX came out Waaaayyyy after Terminal D was fully>operational at DFW, it simply did not make it to the sim.>>I am even more amazed at the fact that no one in the FSX>community has offered to update the scenery to include>Terminal D. I have updated my FSX DFW AFCAD to include>parking for Terminal D as in real life just so I can have the>rest of the airport arranged according to current parking ->it's kind of weird to see all of the heavies parked around an>invisible building.>>I volunteer to provide the community with an updated KDFW AFX>Afcad once one of the scenery designers updates the scenery.>As a quick fix, you could temporarily put down a for Terminal D in your AFCAD (aka airport scenery), and although it wouldn't look very realistic, at least you would have a building there.At least then your heavies would not be parked around empty space.You could even put there, if you don't have them in your airport scenery that you made.That would all be quick and dirty fixes, at least until someone modelled a gmax/3DS version of the Terminal D building.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi Mike,I am a concession manager in Terminal D. One reason I am so amazed at it not being there. Everyday I watch AAL launch all those 777 and 767 to Frankfurt, Narita, Paris, and South America, Air Korea to Soul and then Lufthansa to Frankfurt, British Airways to London right in front of one of my stores. Terminal D is such a beautiful building, it would such a great enhancement to KDFW.Bob