Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Trying to like FSX...

Hi all, After getting FSX to run at 20FPS with mid sliders, I decided to fly from Portland, OR to Sacramento, CA at FL370 in the Lear 45. I had AS6 turned on. During the flight, several times, I got bashed around by what I perceived to be wind. I went overspeed each time and checked it by deploying the spoilers each time so I don't rip apart. I asked ATC for FL350 but the bashing continued. Then upon descent, the plane wouldn't respond to my commands and lose altitude right away. I had to tickle the vertical speed knob to get it to respond all the while ATC nagging me to hurry and descend. The bashing around continued until around 4000' then all was stable. I checked the weather settings and all seems normal, user defined with no winds aloft checked. This bashing around reminds me of FS9 before the days of AS6 with "download winds aloft" enabled. When I crossed a weather region the bashing took place. Does AS6 not work the same with FSX as with FS9?Has anyone else had this bashing too and/or the altitude response problem? Have SP1 and SP2 installed here.Thanks in advance, Dolph

Its the turbulence that does i, you would have to disable turbulence and thrmal efects thet still havnt quiet got it right or try mucking around with TurbulenceScale=1 in FSX cfg and reduce the number it may help. 0.7 should help a bit.

Oh, I guess I need to pay Pete again since my FSX FSUIPC isn't registered.