Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagletail

EZ_walk camera for WALK IN FSX WORLD and SCENERY !

I've tried using this and I've read the instructions, but I can't figure out how to use my mouse to click items in the VC - there's got to be a way to do this, but I can't figure it out. The camera just moves with the mouse no matter what I do. Can someone give me this probably simple answer?ThanksPaul Dahlen

Guest Rick Baldwin

Marniftarr,I downloaded version 1.22 and it looks very impressive. However I prefer to use the keypad to control aircraft bank and pitch.Will the new version of EZ_walk allow the user to assign a different set of buttons to control the camera? And when will the new version be available?Thanks for your time and effort!-Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home

Dear Marniftarr,Thank you very much again! I fully understand.I am sure your outstanding ability and effort shall be successful in the FS world for the future.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest Custer

I'm looking for a camera program that allows me to freely place the camera around the aircrafts WHILE IN THE AIR. In other words I'd like to have the same freedom of movement in the air (while the plane is flying) that is possible to have on the ground with EZ_Walk Camera. Will this program allow me that freedom? If not, can someone suggest a program that would?I heard of a program called Walk & Follow, but I'm not sure if that would allow me to move the camera the way I want to (i.e unrestricted, not simply along an axis perpendicular to the plane).Many thanks for your assistance.Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,I haven't tried the FSX version of W & F however I did try the FS9 version of it but there were lots of strange problems and after several attempts to get the developers attention to look into the various problems with no luck I finally decided to remove the program and stop using it.

Richard Åsberg

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

The program is running along with FSX, but I have the same problem. In spot view on the runway, I can't move towards or away from the plane. I just spin around the plane at a set distance when I move the mouse (like spinning around in spot view with the joystick hat switch).I have turned off key bindings in FSX for NUM 2, 4, 6, and 8. Also for PgDn and PgUp. This gets EZ Walk working in the VC. But outside the plane in spot view no dice. I suspect somewhere in FSX there are still key bindings being set when in spot view that are messing with EZ Walk, but I can't find them. Can anyone help? It would be nice to do a proper walk around.Hmmm...maybe I need to disable the joystick hat switch bindings...?

I'm looking for a camera program that allows me to freely place the camera around the aircrafts WHILE IN THE AIR. In other words I'd like to have the same freedom of movement in the air (while the plane is flying) that is possible to have on the ground with EZ_Walk Camera. Will this program allow me that freedom? If not, can someone suggest a program that would?I heard of a program called Walk & Follow, but I'm not sure if that would allow me to move the camera the way I want to (i.e unrestricted, not simply along an axis perpendicular to the plane).Many thanks for your assistance===I will create this aircraft camera if microsoft add cameras as object with Earth coordinates. But now EZwc is a not document camera.

Sorry guys ! EZwc not compatible with trackir any versions because trackir use FSX 6DOF variables with EZwc 6DOF variables together. trackir place coordinates and EZwc coordinates place in to 6DOF variable every visual frame. I can not read trackir coordinates and add it with EZwc coordinates and place result in to FSX 6DOF variable because trackir use another DLL method to connect with sim. I can not stopping this process. I`m not a user TrackIr and i can not add TrackIr support without Trackir.

Perhaps my simple question got lost in the shuffle; I'll try again:I've tried using this and I've read the instructions, but I can't figure out how to use my mouse to click items in the VC - there's got to be a way to do this, but I can't figure it out. The camera just moves with the mouse no matter what I do. Can someone give me this probably simple answer?ThanksPaul Dahlen

You can paus trackIR and then use the internal camera if you want to set up custom views or such...I have active camera and I can still use TrackIR to track my head while walking around in the cockpit. But it

I'm not using TrackIR; just EZ_walk. How do I pause it so I can use the mouse to click on switches on the vc panel? That's my question.ThanksPaul Dahlen

Guest Jose77

Marniftarr, Thank you for this wonderful add-on for FS! When I first installed it, I opened the program (box w/ slider adjustments) and ran FSX. For a while it worked fine in the background, until somehow it began to act differently. The only way I can now get it to work (the same as before) is to open the main FSX screen and bring the slider box in front of that screen into the same window. Then it starts working again as long as I keep the slider box on top of the main FSX screen. When I press the "delete number key" on the keyboard it turns the program on and off as before, and the arrow keys and mouse navigate properly--- as long as the slider box remains in front of the FSX window... If I click on the main FSX screen, that screen is brought to the front and the slider box is then behind that screen and is not visible. At that point the camera quits working! Please, is there something I can do to make it work properly in the background, as it once did, without having to keep the adjustable slider box in front of the FSX main screen...? Once again thank you for this super add-on and your kind reply... Joseph L. (I hope there will be a tutorial in the future, to explain in more detail how to use this wonderful camera...):-wave

Guest Rick Baldwin

Maniftarr,Thank you for your program. As you know you have been getting some wonderful comments here at Avsim, so I congratulate you! I do have a couple of questions though.1. I downloaded version 1.22. It has an .rar extension and when I try to install it, my computer does not know what program to use. How do I install or run ezdok_walk_cameraV1_22.rar?2. I prefer to use the keypad keys to control my pitch and bank. Is there a way to assign different keys for ez_walk to use instead of the keypad?Thanks for your help! -Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home